Rejected VIC SS today :(.... 175 it is!

thegibbos

Not a happy bunny today.......

VIC have recently updated their SOL and added ICT vacancies back on, so my OH applied for his ACS skills assessment and passed. We then applied for VIC SS 3 weeks ago and it was going so well..... until this morning! We have been rejected on the grounds that his skillset doesn't match exactly what they are looking for at the moment. Very frustrating, however, a 175 visa was our original plan, so back to that it is. We will only go and live in Melbourne as a lot of my family live there, so cannot apply for another state.

I've tried looking for timeline threads for 175 visas and can't seem to find any up to date ones.

Does anyone have any of their own recent 175 timelines to share or/and does anyone know roughly how long they are taking? I know the DIAC website says 18 months, but everything seems to be so much quicker at the moment - having said that, 12 months would be absolutely fine for us. If we had been going down the 176 route, I know most of those are coming through within 3-4 months at the minute, so it would have come upon us v quick! Positive, positive, positive......

Anyway - feeling a tad better now I have written this down! I like to share positive stories, but I also appreciate we are all going to get some setbacks along the way - it is not set to be plain sailing otherwise everyone would go!

Thanks for reading

VIC have recently updated their SOL and added ICT vacancies back on, so my OH applied for his ACS skills assessment and passed. We then applied for VIC SS 3 weeks ago and it was going so well..... until this morning! We have been rejected on the grounds that his skillset doesn't match exactly what they are looking for at the moment. Very frustrating, however, a 175 visa was our original plan, so back to that it is. We will only go and live in Melbourne as a lot of my family live there, so cannot apply for another state.

I've tried looking for timeline threads for 175 visas and can't seem to find any up to date ones.

Does anyone have any of their own recent 175 timelines to share or/and does anyone know roughly how long they are taking? I know the DIAC website says 18 months, but everything seems to be so much quicker at the moment - having said that, 12 months would be absolutely fine for us. If we had been going down the 176 route, I know most of those are coming through within 3-4 months at the minute, so it would have come upon us v quick! Positive, positive, positive......

Anyway - feeling a tad better now I have written this down! I like to share positive stories, but I also appreciate we are all going to get some setbacks along the way - it is not set to be plain sailing otherwise everyone would go!

Thanks for reading

Hi, I applied for 175 back in April 11' and got a Case officer in six months, i would have my visa by now also but my meds are referred and holding things up.

175 is very quick these days if you are from a low risk country. Good luck.

Thanks for reading

Sorry you were rejected.... but at least you can get the 175 one now and that wll give you way more flexibility :hug:

We applied for a 175 11 April this year and our visa was granted 7 November so literally just under 7 months! So stay positive, it will happen and your dreams will come true... :wubclub:

Hiya, what a bummer but as you say maybe a little more time to sort things out this end wouldn't be a bad thing. We are in the same situation - applied for Vic SS with my husbands ICT skills a week ago so just waiting now and will go for 175 if declined.

Hope its all plain sailing now x

Thank you! I felt quite down about it yesterday as its our first knock back. Today though, I have woke up more positive and am going to start filling out the 175 paperwork and just hope that we get the 8's in the IELTS on Fri.

Please don't fret about your 176, every applicant is different. My OH does predominantly tech support and I believe they are looking for IT candidates that have quite specific skills which Mark hasn't got.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Sorry you were rejected.... but at least you can get the 175 one now and that wll give you way more flexibility :hug:

We applied for a 175 11 April this year and our visa was granted 7 November so literally just under 7 months! So stay positive, it will happen and your dreams will come true... :wubclub:

Thank you Jayzlet.... I love hearing positive stories and in all honesty we don't want to go for a year yet anyway as we've so much to do.

Good luck with your journey x

Archived