ENS 856: Some Questions

jank

Hello,

First post on this great forum.

I am applying for a ENS 856 Visa in the new year. Currently I am on a 457 visa.

So I have been doing my homework and getting ready to submit my application but I have a few outstanding questions. I am not going to be using a RMA.

• My partner is on a defacto visa with me on the 457. She is going to be on the application for the 856 ENS. Do I have to submit defacto evidence again? There is no mention of this at all on the forms I have been looking at.

• In the new year I will be applying for the VISA as I will be on the 457 visa 2 years. This will enable me to NOT have to go through the skills assesment. My question is do I have to submit all my qualification documents, CV, etc anyway?

• Lastly, do I need to get my partner to get all the relevant police checks and clearnaces? I know that I have to as I am the primary applicant but wil she? No issue if we do.

There ya go!

Guest lilimary

• My partner is on a defacto visa with me on the 457. She is going to be on the application for the 856 ENS. Do I have to submit defacto evidence again? There is no mention of this at all on the forms I have been looking at.

I assume so, but I stand to be corrected :)

• In the new year I will be applying for the VISA as I will be on the 457 visa 2 years. This will enable me to NOT have to go through the skills assesment. My question is do I have to submit all my qualification documents, CV, etc anyway?

I have gone the same way, using a RMA and we included CV + diplomas to my application

• Lastly, do I need to get my partner to get all the relevant police checks and clearnaces? I know that I have to as I am the primary applicant but wil she? No issue if we do.

YES!! They would not let you bring in murderers into their country even if you're in love with them :tongue: So she will need the police clearances, medical checks and IELTS too (if applicable, and I think she only needs more than 4.5)There ya go!

Good luck :)

OK thanks!

What kind of defacto evidance would suffice? We have a lease on a rental here in Sydney the last year? Are they looking for more than 12 months? We have been going out a long time so duration isnt an issue for us.

Guest lilimary

This is what a RMA told me :

"Cohabitation Documents

You will be required to provide a selection of documentation covering the most recent twelve month period evidencing your relationship. This may include, but is not limited to, joint leases, joint bank account statements, any other joint assets and/or liabilities, evidence that you both receive correspondence at the same residential address"

• 3 weeks later...