Sending 6 large boxes including Christmas presents!

Scobba

Hiya:biggrin:

Wandered if anyone could help me please? We are moving to Australia in 5 weeks time (eeek!!) and need to send over 6 boxes of our belongings including the children's Christmas presents, old clothes, kitchenware and 2 boxes of the children's old toys. My problem is I've never sent anything before and am paranoid about it not getting there or being returned. We are sending the boxes just before we leave so if they are returned for any reason we won't be in the UK to receive them. How specific do I have to be when writing out what's in the box? Can I get away with 'children's toys' or do I have to be really specific and write 'cuddly toy rabbit with an ear missing'?!! Also with the Christmas pressies, can I wrap them or not? I think we will send them with a courier like parcel2go but are there any other declaration forms we have to enclose + is there a limit on how much the stuff is worth? Will we be charged loads the other end for sending out new things like wii games, Nerff guns for Christmas presents and if so how much?? Apologies for the amount of questions but I really want the stuff to get there and am imagining a massive bill of $100's!! Please help? Thanks xx

:err:

Guest The Pom Queen

Not sure on the new items, but the 2nd hand things you shouldn't be charged on, when family send us parcels they usually just write, childrens toys or trinkets or bric a brac

Guest Pixie10

I wouldnt wrap anything as it will be checked at customs. Presume you will be charged tax on the new items but not sure- why not email Parcels2go?

Have you checked with companies like PSS and Sevenseas? We're using Sevenseas- you can get a quote online and it tells you whats included and all about customs charges etc at the other end- sure they will be cheaper?

Good luck x