Lodging a Defacto in New Zealand!!!

Biggers

Hello Everyone!!

So my partner and i are lodging a defacto visa at some point in the next 6 months! My questions are..

* How much is it in aussie dollars?

*What is the processing time if lodged in NZ?

*Can i still apply whilst on a tourist visa if in Auz, or whilst on a working holiday visa if we are in NZ?

* Is it easier for me to have a medical in the UK or Auz?

*Will they ask me about my previuos time spent on a holiday visa in auz, inc farm work etc?

*Will i have to proove i have funds in my bank if only getting a 3 month tourist visa?

Basically we have been together for three years in April, lived together for over 2 years and have all the evidence to proove our relationship is ligit.

We have been in the UK (where i'm from) for the last 18 months. He flew back yesterday :sad: to surprise his family for his sisters birthday :smile: i will be joining him on Dec 29th!!!! :jiggy:

Our plan was for him to work for the next 4 months in Sydney doing a job which pays pretty well, after i meet him i may do some volunterry work until march when our friend is meeting us in NZ. We were then BOTH going to work for 6 months in NZ until our visa gets granted and we finally settle in auz!!!!

What are your thoughts on where i should lodge the visa? Is it cheaper if done in NZ?

Sorry there are SO many questions!!!! I'm sure we've all been there!!! hehe....

Looking forward to hearing your responses!!!!

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

I have moved your post to the migration section, whre you may get a better response. have you checked out the DIAC web site where you can get details of partner visas and the costs involved.

http://www.immi.gov.au/

You should find a lot of answers on their site.

Good luck with your visa.

Archived