Defacto Visa

helenccc

Hi everyone I've just got a couple of questions regarding this visa. The OH is currently still on the provisional 309 and in April of next year will have spent 2 years on this. What is the timeframe and process to being awarded the permanent visa 100? I am aware that you provide further info regarding continuing relationship but once you have provided this how long until you receive the new visa?

Secondly has anyone on the provisional visa managed to secure a car loan? And if so with whom? Reason for asking is we currently drive are giving us expensive problems and we are just pouring money into these cars which is painful considering their value. We have previously looked into finance but as OH is main earner and hasn't a visa which gives him permanency this was a problem and on my wage (part time) wasn't sufficient to apply with. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

Helen x

Guest GoldCoastMag

Hi, Helen it sounds frustrating, do the banks actually ask what visa? Perhaps a broker would be able to help. I know if you have passed the 3 years without children you can reapply but that sounds a bit drastic as well as expensive.

Do you have a long term relationship with your bank or credit union, if so perhaps a talk with the manager, after all it isnt a temp visa like they are thinking where you have to leave.

I do hope you get some answers, good luck

Can't help with the finance question, but the timeframe for moving to a 100 is that DIAC will send you the forms to apply about 2 years after your OH applied for the defacto visa (ie not 2 years after it was granted). It can then take anything up to 6-8 months to be granted the 100 permanent visa, although I have heard of it taking much shorter times for some people.

Good luck!

Thanks guys,

I just assumed it was almost instant once they had required info but I guess like everything visa related it takes time. As far as finance goes I'm going to look into it again. OH works FIFO in a permanent job so affording it shouldn't be the issue. When we tried before we put it to them first that OH was on a visa but maybe if we discuss it without mentioning that to them it may be ok. Anyway we can only try and I'll post how I get on.

Thanks for your help

Helen x

Archived