Mechanics Tools.

RVN

Hi To All..

My family and I are awaiting news on our visa application,and are planning to move to Perth sometime in the near future.

My question is, As a vehicle mechanic for twenty years I have gathered a load of tools and would like to take them with me.

Does anybody out there have any experience with shipping of tools etc and possible costings???

Cheers...

CW:spinny:

Hi,

don't know much about the shipping side of tools, but i have heard it is not a problem. The only problem you have is they have to be spotless and that's where i have heard people have took things to the jet wash to clean them.

Hope it helps a little but i am sure someone will inform you more info...

GOOD LUCK

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi,

We are also starting to think about this. Most of Ian's tools we are going to put in with our house stuff for shipping. Ian is then going to take some of his tools (ones he uses each day) in his luggage when he heads over.

I've also been told that they need to be spotless, so a lot of his wikll be going through the dishwasher!

Lou

My hubby fetched all is ,they do have to be pretty clean ,the easiest way is to put them all in an hot engine wash and into a new or clean tool box.Weight wise no box/chest should be heavier than 2 men can lift.We also locked them but taped a key to the top,,Hope this helps,,

Cal x

Archived