Bricklaying Jobs in Rockingham?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mandajay

Hi Bricklayer Birmingham,

We too are looking to that area of Perth. My Hubbie is coming on my 457 visa so he's had a bit of time to be able to research the areas. From what we can gather from the contacts i have over there, there is loads of work for brickies... Lots of areas are growing and re-developing.

Have you checked out the EXPO's that are currently going throughout the country. We went to a couple and found them really helpful.

I havent got details for day rate but the salaries are better than here.

Have a look on google for their local paper too. Every Saturday it has a MASSIVE job section in which may give you an idea of whats out there.

Hope that helps a little x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rebeccae

Hi, i came out here as a Bricklayer (21 years Exp) 7 Months ago. Their is not an abundance of work, especially in Rockingham. (However rocky is a great place to live)

I worked for a Company in Ellenbrook the day rate was $250 and they expected 300 blocks for that.

I dont think really the money is any better than the UK, only you dont get rained off as often.

They have teams over here who work together bit like our gangs. They work extremelly efficiently and make good money. The best place for you to look for work in Rockingham for trades is on Gumtree.

There is a guy from freemantle who is a large subcontractor, he gave me a chance! I can PM you his details if you want, its a start but the down side is he only pays when he gets paid so you can sometimes wait 3 weeks

Archived