Things to do for 10 year olds in 'Cleveland'

zk2102

When we eventually get out to Oz (fingers crossed), Cleveland is the place we're hoping to settle. Just wondering what it has to offer a 10 yr old boy? We're absolutley dreading another long winter here in the UK :frown:, he will be climbing the walls in the next few months. Are there many skateparks etc in the area? and do kids play outside there or is it a culture of play dates after school? Hes really into skateboards/bmx and just started taking an interest in rugby.

Would really appreciate any advice/information about anything in the surrounding areas:smile:

Dee x

Guest spadgersdad

Hi Dee,

There are a few skate parks in the area,Thornlands etc also a new large one built in Capalaba which most of the young children hang out !!

Children do play outside especially if you live in a cul-de-sac as it is so much more safer from traffic etc

There are lots of soccer clubs your son could sign up for and depending on which school you choose their will be lots of sports on offer for him to attend.

Check out http://www.more2redlands.com.au or http://www.redlandstourism.com.au , http://www.redland.qld.gov.au there will be lots of information that may help.

We hope you enjoy the Redland's as much as we do !!!

Hi Dee

I have girls, not boys.......but there is so much to do in the Redlands area for everyone. As Spagersdad says, there is a skate park in Thornlands, very close to Cleveland and just 10 minutes away, another in Capalaba.

There are heaps of clubs for boys - soccer, AFL, cricket, athletics etc etc. I am sure he will not be short of things to do!

Kids do play out in quieter streets. Playdates tend to be just that - a play - in the UK we used to have people over and the kids would stay for "tea" but here they go home for their dinner.

We love living in the Redlands area.

Love

Rudi

x

Guest chrisg2129

Hi Dee,

We live in Ormiston and have 10 and 6 year old boys and moved here in April. They signed up for Redlands soccer team and played for the season and will be joing Capalaba warriors rugby league next season. There is good BMX track at Apex park in Ormiston and as everyone said skateparks not far away.

There is so much for you all to do here 8 months later and we are still out every weekend going to new places, this weekend is camping and waterpark sorry for rubbing it in.

Chris

Guest chrisg2129

Hi Dee

Our two boys go to Ormiston State School which is a lovely little school, when do you move here and maybe we can meet up so your son has got someone to play with when you get here. We are flying back next week land on the 2nd for Christmas , give me a call and i can tell you all about the area

uk mobile 07836 216035

Chris

Guest DorisAitch

This is reassuring, we are planning on coming out to Redland Bay next year and we have a 10 year old girl and a 5 year old boy, they will both have had a birthday by the time we get out there, but I was worried about there being a community for us to get involved in but it seems that there is likely to be lots for us to get involved in!

Archived