Flights booked!

andy228

Well thats it! We got our flights to Melbourne booked last night, flying from Edinburgh to London Heathrow, then Heathrow to Singapore then the last leg Singapore to Melbourne.

It all feels very real now, finish work on friday morning, then 10 days later we are flying to Australia. We are going with British Airways for the first two flights then Quantas for the last flight.

Australia here we come!

Woo hoo!

Are you stopping over in Singapore or just passing through?

Whereabouts in Melbourne are you moving to?

I remember our trip down to Melbourne (3 years ago now), never had jetlag as I was way to excited about starting our new life down under!

Well done you, you've made an excellent choice!

Geiff

Just passing through, stopover is only 2 1/2 hours so will have a little walk about the airport. I'm very excited, always wanted to work abroad and now it's actually happening, it's all quite surreal. I'd rather do this now when I'm still quite young rather than look back at myself in 20 years time and say what if?

Viva la oz!

Two and a half hours gives you time to stretch your legs and get something to eat, it's quite spacious and there's a few things to see and do. can't remember if it's Singapore that has the butterfly garden...

Passed through Singapore last month on trip back from UK but only had 45 minutes! Not even enough time to stock up on duty free!!!!

Good luck with the trip and can't wait to here more!

Geoff

I wouldn't bother with grabbing a bite to eat, you get plenty food on the plane, so no need to buy overpriced airport food if you can avoid it. I would spend the time wandering around and checking out the gardens (butterfly, cactus, coi fishpond, etc etc). Just make sure you remember to go to the next gate on time... Any duty free has to be bought in Singapore rather than EDI or LHR, as you go through security again at Singapore.

Yeah the swimming pool is awesome, I always head there if I've got time. Two and a half hours might be ok if your plane lands on time, but will depend which terminal/gate you're landing/taking off from. The pool is on the rooftop of terminal 1, alongside the terminal 1 hotel.

Archived