Police checks UK/Northern Ireland

Ali&Paul

My husband spent some time in the army in northern Ireland and our CO requested police checks for both UK and NI, do we need to get two separate checks done? His certificate came in the post today but no mention on it of anything to do with NI even though we put his NI address on it, does anyone have any experience of this?

Many thanks,

Alison

My husband spent some time in the army in northern Ireland and our CO requested police checks for both UK and NI, do we need to get two separate checks done? His certificate came in the post today but no mention on it of anything to do with NI even though we put his NI address on it, does anyone have any experience of this?

Many thanks,

Alison

No Its all the same police check, if you put in his NI address and ticked the box that says "have you ever lived in NI" they will have checked it.

We just ticked Scotland box, as havent lived anywhere else in UK.

No Its all the same police check, if you put in his NI address and ticked the box that says "have you ever lived in NI" they will have checked it.

We just ticked Scotland box, as havent lived anywhere else in UK.

Thanks for the reply,

Yeh I done that, wrote his NI address but my CO seems to have requested 2 separate checks, unless she's getting mixed up with the Republic of Ireland!

I will send his certificate to her tonight and hopefully this will be sufficient.

thanks for your help.

Thanks for the reply,

Yeh I done that, wrote his NI address but my CO seems to have requested 2 separate checks, unless she's getting mixed up with the Republic of Ireland!

I will send his certificate to her tonight and hopefully this will be sufficient.

thanks for your help.

Hiya,

My husband was in the army, and I ticked NI, Scotland and England for places we lied. The UK ploice check was totally fine, our trouble was with the cyprus one!

Donna x

Thanks Donna, that's put my mind at rest a bit. :-)

Yeh I knew NI was part of the UK that's why I thought she might be getting mixed up with the Republic of Ireland, it's just weird that on my document checklist it says I need "police clearance 1" and "police clearance 2" as if I need to get two separate checks! So confused, I phoned the customer services and they said it should be fine too, I will send her it tonight and hopefully that will be that! :-/

Thanks guys,

Alison :-) xx