State Sponsorship / Vetassess for WA

Minxey

Hello there,

Am relatively new still to this website - so forgive me!

I am sitting my IELTS this week, thereafter if everything goes smoothly, am ready to apply to Vetassess. My occupation is Office Manager, and I have told and recently looked at their website, they are State Sponsoring this occupation.

Has anybody any advice on this as I want to make sure that my forms are filled out correctly. I am doing this on my own - so no agent as they seem to just rip you off!

I believe the process as follows:

Sit IELTS

Have skills assessed

Apply for State Sponsorship - is this directly then on the WA website?

Apply for Visa - (if Sponsorship granted) directly to DIAC on website

CO appointed

Medical

Police checks

Is this right?

Any help would be brilliant!!!!

Thanks so much!!

:biggrin:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vickchick70

Hi Minxey

The process you have described seems good to me. I sat my IELTS as needed the results to send to VETASSESS ( I applied as a Policy and Planning Manager). Once you have your positive skills assessment you then send off to the relevant state for sponsorship. Which state are you applying to ?

Hi Vickchick70

Good to hear! I have been wanting to immigrate for a very long time now!

I was told that I can apply to WA with my profession - I also was told Canberra. I think that with Canberra they still have a 'limited' whereas looking at the WA website, it states still available. It's quite tricky as I once joined an agent who let me down and I ended up getting a refund, so hence this is why I am doing it my self - don't trust them.

Did it take long for State Sponsorship to come through?

I have found out more information on this website than ever an agent's explanatory notes!!

Is the IELTS difficult?

Thanks for your response - a great help.. more advice my way if you have any!!

So exciting for you...:biggrin:

Guest vickchick70

I was originally planning to go to SA but missed the deadline by a week !! Then I waited ages to find out my occupation had been taken off the list but had appeared on the WA list - very exciting !! Once i applied for state sponsorship it only took 1 week I think. the longest wait was for VETASSESS which took about 12 weeks.

i didn't use an agent for the process per se (didn't want the additional cost !!) but did get advice from an agent for my skills assessment (I paid an hours fee - about £180!) - the rest I did myself with all the help and advice you get on here.

IELTS - the best advice I can give you is to not be complacent and practice a lot - I got some books and cds from the library and also bought some and revised like mad !! The key to it I think is about learning what they want from you in your answers and applying the style they want.

Hope this helps...... let me know if you want to know anything else and I will do my best to help out. If not there will definately be someone on here to help you !!

That's awesome - so exciting!

Can I ask about the skills assessment, did you speak to an agent before you sent your paperwork off to VETASSESS to make sure you had the correct visa chosen?

Reason am asking is I have been told by an agent I could be eligible for WA and then another that wants to go through all my paperwork for the same amount - she said could take 3 hours to assess. Assuming this is the same thing...

After your assessment came back, you then applied and paid the fees to the DIAC website for WA?

I have seen the booklet 6 which explains it all - I need to check what forms need to be filled out as well on there... it can be quite confusing! OR if you can point me in the right direction.. :biggrin:

This website is very helpful, it's amazing how many people help out...

Minxey

I have just completed filling out the assessment forms for my husband as he is also applying for the Office Manager category. i too am not using an agent as it is quite expensive to have one so i with the help of my family members are doing the entire procedure on my own. Hopefully i will submit everything tomorrow. To get a letter from his company was the toughest and i did not succeed fully so have to attach a statutory declaration instead. I have my fingers crossed. Vetassess takes 12 long weeks. My hubby sits for his IELTS on 11 Nov. He needs to score an 8 in all components. Lets see how it goes.

priscillagonsalves

Hello - the letter you needed to get from his company - haven't got that far yet! I am assuming this is for proof of employment? I have no idea how to attain this as I can't tell anybody about my plans.... eek!

Advice?

Also, they say for vetassess the requirements of those that need to certify documents - was surprised to see that a 'lawyer' cannot even do that over here - they have to be australian qualified.. am I reading this right? Any advice would help - am going to practice on the forms over the weekend to see what I need help with....

I also need a Band 8 to help me immigrate.... fingers crossed - doing mine on Saturday.... :eek:

Guest vickchick70
vick how long did it take to get the approval for State Sponsorship.

Hi

It took one week from applying to receiving state sponsorship - amazingly quick !!

Guest vickchick70
That's awesome - so exciting!

Can I ask about the skills assessment, did you speak to an agent before you sent your paperwork off to VETASSESS to make sure you had the correct visa chosen?

Reason am asking is I have been told by an agent I could be eligible for WA and then another that wants to go through all my paperwork for the same amount - she said could take 3 hours to assess. Assuming this is the same thing...

After your assessment came back, you then applied and paid the fees to the DIAC website for WA?

I have seen the booklet 6 which explains it all - I need to check what forms need to be filled out as well on there... it can be quite confusing! OR if you can point me in the right direction.. :biggrin:

This website is very helpful, it's amazing how many people help out...

Hi Minxey

It was the VETASSESS part that I paid the agent to check for me. It cost me 1 hours consultation but I had prepared everything in advance and they just helped with some tweaks !!

When you have your assessment and your IELTS result you apply to WA direct for state sponsorship not DIAC.

priscillagonsalves

Hello - the letter you needed to get from his company - haven't got that far yet! I am assuming this is for proof of employment? I have no idea how to attain this as I can't tell anybody about my plans.... eek!

Advice?

Also, they say for vetassess the requirements of those that need to certify documents - was surprised to see that a 'lawyer' cannot even do that over here - they have to be australian qualified.. am I reading this right? Any advice would help - am going to practice on the forms over the weekend to see what I need help with....

I also need a Band 8 to help me immigrate.... fingers crossed - doing mine on Saturday.... :eek:

I was not able to get the exact letter required from my hubby's company. they said it was against company policy so i have attached a statutory declaration along with his service certificate and pay slips and whatever documentation i have relating to his employment. I just hope that it is enough to satisfy the assessing authority. My hubby has to score a Band 8 as well to help us migrate. he is doing his third week this month. We are from Pakistan. i got all the certification done through a Notary Public Advocate. You can check the vetassess check list it mentions who all are allowed for attestion and certification of documents.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vickchick70

Going well thanks. Had our medicals last Friday so all good there. Just waiting for police check to come back - I sent it 2 weeks ago and my husband's has come back but they have never received mine - must have got lost in the post !! Anyway have re sent it yesterday so should get everything done by end of next week. I'm very excited as it's all so close now !!

Hello there,

Am relatively new still to this website - so forgive me!

I am sitting my IELTS this week, thereafter if everything goes smoothly, am ready to apply to Vetassess. My occupation is Office Manager, and I have told and recently looked at their website, they are State Sponsoring this occupation.

Has anybody any advice on this as I want to make sure that my forms are filled out correctly. I am doing this on my own - so no agent as they seem to just rip you off!

I believe the process as follows:

Sit IELTS

Have skills assessed

Apply for State Sponsorship - is this directly then on the WA website?

Apply for Visa - (if Sponsorship granted) directly to DIAC on website

CO appointed

Medical

Police checks

Is this right?

Any help would be brilliant!!!!

Thanks so much!!

How u doing. how far have u reached with ur process. My hubby gave his IELTS yesterday so awaiting the results. We also submitted all the documents to Vetassess and received their acknowledgement as well. Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vickchick70

That's great news !! Well done hubby !!

By the way - we got some good news ourselves - our visa was granted on monday - woooo hoooo !!!! Australia here we come !!

Hello all

husband has been talking about going to perth 2 children 12 & 5 what is the exact procedure and where should I start? what type of visa wher do I get what else has to be done

any help would be greatly appreciated oh from Ireland!

thanks in advance

Hi there, I am as new to this as maybe others. My husband and I also want to move to Perth as his occupation is on their SMP. We have three kids aged 14,3 & 1. we are applying in the office manager category, currently our assessments are being down through Vetassess. Also gave the IELTS but got a 7.5 need an Overall band score of 8. So will have to retake the IELTS maybe in Feb. We will be applying under the 176 visa subclass. we are going through an agent as it is quite expensive to do so. I can tell you what i know and all others are really helpful on this forum so you wont have a problem.

First step see under which SMP your occupation falls. then you can decided which state you would like to go to. Then comes the application and documentation for the assessing authority. The IELTS. The SS application and then the main Visa Application 176 subclass. On the main DIAC website you can initially check how many points you make. You need to start soon so that you are able to apply before the 1st of July 2012 as the rules might change and maybe you may not be eligible to apply. I hope this info is useful to you. also you can check out the western australia website for the occupations list.

Hello all

husband has been talking about going to perth 2 children 12 & 5 what is the exact procedure and where should I start? what type of visa wher do I get what else has to be done

any help would be greatly appreciated oh from Ireland!

thanks in advance