Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

MaryC

Hi everyone,

I have been lurking on PIO for ages. I am going to Oz with my partner and son on a 457 visa.

I have well controlled mixed connective tissue disease (very similar to lupus).

I felt sure that a medical would be required and was really very worried about it as I have seen quite negative posts about getting a visa with this condition.

So I thought I would post for anyone else searching for information on this in the future that my 457 was approved today with no medical required.

I provided recent reports from my consultants along with the application and a bupa health check report that I had from a few years back which showed everything well controlled for me.

I fully appreciate that the situation may be different for PR and so if after 12 mths we decide that we like it and would like to stay beyond the 4 years then I will start the PR process early.

Hi MaryC,

I'm in a similar position, only with a kidney transplant, I had a very basic medical and was approved 6 days after the medical was submitted.

We have the same opinion as you, that if we want to stay after 12 months we will start the PR process early, we can only try.

Where are you off to? Did you use a MA?

Cal

Hi Cal,

Off to the Noosa area.

I think I will be missing my free prescriptions when I get over there, but there are lots of other things to make up for that and in particular because I have raynauds as part of the MCTD I am really looking forward to having warm hands for most of the year :biggrin:

My sponsor paid for the MA and I was really pleased to have them. They were very professional and if I'm honest I couldn't fault them.

Are you out there already or getting ready to go over?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest littlesarah
Hi Cal,

Off to the Noosa area.

I think I will be missing my free prescriptions when I get over there, but there are lots of other things to make up for that and in particular because I have raynauds as part of the MCTD I am really looking forward to having warm hands for most of the year :biggrin:

Make sure you find a house with decent insulation and/or heating. I know it's warmer up there in Noosa, but here (just North of Sydney) a lot of the homes are so poorly insulated I've never seen so many people with chillblains as I have in this country!

I'm not wishing to sound like a pessimistic killjoy - I've also seen a number of people with Raynaud's who get by just fine. At least we don't get so many months of damp cold (which often seems to aggravate Raynaud's).

Stay well. :wubclub:

Archived