Air Con is it vital - advice please

Guest dizzy blonde

Guest dizzy blonde

Hi

I have started the rental hunt today - nightmare. some of the properties don't have air con/heating. Is this a huge problem. We will probably be in rental for 9 - 12 months (so summer and winter). the properties have pools and near the ocean (in mindarie) so the estate agent's have said that the wind from the ocean will keep us cool!!! Advice needed please.

Lynne

Guest freckles

I have lived here over a year now and dont have air-con. If you keep windows and blinds shut in the heat of the day this helps, fans are cheap to buy so I have one in each room. I did need to buy a heater this winter but only used it about 4 times and even then it was only on for about half an hour to take the chill off. Finding somewhere that is suitable for you to live in and enjoy is more important than air-con in my experience.

Guest dizzy blonde

thank for reassurance Cal and freckles. we have found a nice property in the area we want to be and it was the only thing I was worried about - funny the things that stress you out!. Had visions of me melting in summer and freezing to bits in winter. We will put application in tomorrow. Fingers crossed. x

thank for reassurance Cal and freckles. we have found a nice property in the area we want to be and it was the only thing I was worried about - funny the things that stress you out!. Had visions of me melting in summer and freezing to bits in winter. We will put application in tomorrow. Fingers crossed. x

The heat must affect different people differently? There's no way I could survive without air-con.............. especially when it gets over the 40 degree mark!

We lived up in the tropics for 13 years prior to our relocation to Perth.......... so that could be why the heat affects us.......... and not others?

If you do try and survive without air-con............. the secret is to leave your drapes closed as much as possible in the day.

Hope you soon get acclimatised..................... this summer is supposed to be a scorcher seeing as we had such a poxy winter............good luck.

I didnt use the air con in the rental house at all,partly because i presumed sweating my paps off would help me climatise and also because it was never unbearable.A few nights we had the ceiling fans overnight so we could sleep and obviously air con in the car was a necassity,,but we managed,,,

Cal x

You're absolutely right Cal you can't aclimatise in an aircon room... you have to suffer a little at first.

Having said that Bobcat has got a point several days in the high thirties low forties, very restless nights sleep and you can easily say stuff acclimatisation.

:twitcy:

Archived