Help with form 80 work history

Geordielass44

Hi I am trying to fill in form 80 but have a bit of a gap in my work history. Basically I spent a few years in my 20s travelling, doing a bit of work here and there but a real patchwork and I can't even remember exactly where I was in the early 1990s at specific times as just went where I wanted. Also spent time with my parents abroad and helped my step dad with his business....but nothing I could put as employment. Will they query gaps? Can easily sort 1989 - 1990 and from end of 1993 onwards as studied and worked in my profession since then....it is the gap bit! If I put 1991 - 1993 unemployed will that be ok?

Cheers

Hi

Yes I had thought that but as it was over 10 years ago there isn't anywhere to put it and I couldn't give detailed dates as I genuinely can't remember...trying to piece it together is a nightmare. I also lost my grandad, Dad and step Dad at various times during those years so was spending time with them as my Dad and step dad both had cancer. And they lived on opposite sides of the world. Spent a lot of time on planes.:sad:

Good point, it was over 10 years ago so not to worry. As long as you didn't spend your "gap" training with the Taliban you'll be fine:biglaugh:

This form is not as scary as it looks. Your CO will ask if they are not happy with it or if they need any clarification.

Just do what you can and relax ! :wink:

Archived