Getting a job at a TAFE college

Guest kevin/jayne

Guest kevin/jayne

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows what the requirements are for getting a job as a lecturer in a TAFE college. I am working as an lecturer in electrical installation and am doing a Cert. Ed. course and was wondering if this would be reconised in Melbourne colleges. I have been accepted by the TRA as an electrician but I would prefer to carry on teaching.

Thanks.

Guest Scarletfever
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows what the requirements are for getting a job as a lecturer in a TAFE college. I am working as an lecturer in electrical installation and am doing a Cert. Ed. course and was wondering if this would be reconised in Melbourne colleges. I have been accepted by the TRA as an electrician but I would prefer to carry on teaching.

Thanks.

Hiya...my sister was a lecturer in Swansea before she left........shes now a lecturer or an assesor or something in Brisbane..I don't know what or how she did it but I can ask her if you like.

Dan

You need to show experience and qualifications in occupational area then the new equivalent of the Cert IV Workplace Assessor which is now:

Should find course outline here:

http://www.ntis.gov.au/ and TAA50104 Diploma of Training and Assessment Australia

I could probably put you in touch with a training org who can deliver online, plus assess RPL i.e. previous studies and experience for credit.

Cheers Andrew

Guest kevin/jayne

Thanks Andrew. I am off to an Expo in london in a couple of weeks to see various employment stands etc. Would you happen to know if colleges would employ me with the provision that I undertake their equivalent course. Appreciate your time in replying,

thanks, Kevin.

Hello Kevin/Jane,

I would not expect too much at the expo.. :)

Easiest way to find out about potential employment is to enter the TAFE websites via AIEC

WA, SA, TAS and NSW TAFE are all central, while Vic and QLD TAFEs are autonomous.

Unless they show HR contact details try to find the Electrical Depts and email direct.

Registered Training Organisations would be another channel http://www.ntis.gov.au/?rto/all

You may not even need to do Oz equivalent as your expereince and UK quals should be sufficient.

Cheers Andrew

Archived