Please help!! Documents needed for registration at AHPRA

Guest busiuhk

Guest busiuhk

Hi there,

My husband is a dentist and he is going to apply for the limited registration of dentist at AHPRA. We feel quite confused for application and documents needed.

1) CPD

Would it be okay if my husband only provides the record of the CPD activities? Is it a must to sign by someone else? If so, who will be the right person? What sort of activities will be counted?

2) Police Check?

Does he need to provide any police check showing that he has no criminal records?

3) From Limited Registration to Full Registration

He passed the OET in August 2011 and plans to sit the Clinical Exam of Australian Dental Council within three years. Does he need to sit the OET again if pass the ADC exam but the OET result is more than 2 yrs? The English standard is supposed to apply to all applicants for initial registration.

4) How long does it take to complete the registration?

Thanks a lot for your help. Hope that everything goes fine!! Fingers crossed.

Juliana

Hi there,

My husband is a dentist and he is going to apply for the limited registration of dentist at AHPRA. We feel quite confused for application and documents needed.

1) CPD

Would it be okay if my husband only provides the record of the CPD activities? Is it a must to sign by someone else? If so, who will be the right person? What sort of activities will be counted?

Yes thats what they need. You dont need it verifying from what i understand. They just want proof that the right amount of ongoing prof training has been achieved. Not sure what dentists need, it should tell you on the registration site

2) Police Check?

Does he need to provide any police check showing that he has no criminal records?Yes he will need a police check

3) From Limited Registration to Full Registration

He passed the OET in August 2011 and plans to sit the Clinical Exam of Australian Dental Council within three years. Does he need to sit the OET again if pass the ADC exam but the OET result is more than 2 yrs? The English standard is supposed to apply to all applicants for initial registration.Sorry i dont know. I hope someone else can help you. However, it should tell you on the registration site. There is an overseas section on the ahpra site

4) How long does it take to complete the registration? mine took 10 days, some take 6 months. Depends on ahpra

Thanks a lot for your help. Hope that everything goes fine!! Fingers crossed.

Juliana

I answered in red, hope it comes out ok??