Police clearance for Ukrainian wife....help!

Guest andypcrosby

Guest andypcrosby

Help and advice needed.

We have finally got to the medical and police check stage of our application but we are not sure of the best route to take for my wifes police check. She is originally from the Ukraine and so we need to find out the quickest and easiest way to get her certificate from there. I have read that we have to contact our nearest ukraine consulate in london which we have done but have heard nothing back. Another option is to fly there and hope to get it that way but this costs a lot of money and time off work is an issue for both of us. Last is an online Ukrainian Translation firm who claim to be able to retrieve and send a certifiacte within a few business days but im not sure if it will be 100% genuine as they claim.

Any help and advice on this issue would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Andy.

Probably no real help apart from bouncing your thread to the the top !!

UKRAINE

Apply Residents to local police departments or

Administration of Operational Information, Ministry of

Interior At

34T Shevchenko Avenue

Kiev 01030, or Administration Departments in

any regional centre

Non-residents to nearest Ukrainian Consulate in

country of residence. In Australia, Embassy of

Ukraine, Canberra.

Phone 02 6230 5789

Fax 02 6230 7298

Guest andypcrosby

Think you are right. Its quite a specific problem i have so guessed that responses would be few and far between. Will just keep re-posting in the hope that someone can shed some light. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

We live in London but are in Kiev two or three times a years visiting the in-laws. Have had a few trips there organising documents so that my partner could do her MSc in London (getting apostille's, certified translations etc). I used to live in Canberra and Sydney also in Oz for about 20 years so I know Australia pretty well and how picky they can be.

My wife is also eligible for her British Passport early next year, so once we have that she will be applying for her Australian spouse visa once we have that and we will travel together there. Anyway, we found a good agency in Kiev (next to the Circus area) which wasn't too expensive and seemed reputable which we used for all of our documents. We had to get these documents for the Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Anyway, if you have any questions am happy to help out if I can, no doubt you have probably sorted this all out by now anyway. Good luck :)

Cheers

James.