Is this the end!!!!!!!!!!!

gazsmith

Im really hoping someone can lift my spirits with this problem!

Having gone through the entire process DIAC emailed me over a week ago stating they had not received my police check!

Then on Monday morning they emailed again to say it had been received with the outcome of 'NO LIVE TRACE' which they stated shows I have a conviction!

Having contacted the Police they have told me it was for an offence when I was 15 (26yrs ago) where I had a conditional discharge!

I have had to write a statement of all the facts and send this to DIAC but its got me so frustrated as when I was 15 the police told me that Juvenile records are wiped at 18 and this has really put the hand brake on the whole process!!!

Long shot but has anyone gone through this or know of anyone who has been through a similar thing?

It would be good if i could see a glimmer of light at the end of this very dark tunnel!

Gary & Sue

:sad::no:

I have had to write a statement of all the facts and send this to DIAC but its got me so frustrated as when I was 15 the police told me that Juvenile records are wiped at 18 and this has really put the hand brake on the whole process!!!

So basically you didn't answer correctly on the form where it asked "Have you ever had a criminal conviction?". The answer should have been "yes". Whether or not you expected the conviction to show up on the police certificate, the answer should still have been "yes".

You will get most likely get away with it (as you've been asked to correct the situation). So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

So basically you didn't answer correctly on the form where it asked "Have you ever had a criminal conviction?". The answer should have been "yes". Whether or not you expected the conviction to show up on the police certificate, the answer should still have been "yes".

You will get most likely get away with it (as you've been asked to correct the situation). So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Yes you got it!

To be honest dont want to sound stupid but didnt think that classed as a conviction as i did not have to serve time!

Never been in trouble with police since so a little naive on my part granted but really hope that all goes well with the final outcome!

Gary & Sue

A 12 month prison sentence seems to be where they draw a line in the sand, so a conditional discharge as a juvenille seems very unlikely to make a difference. Just make sure you tick the 'Yes' to criminal convictions on the landing card whenever you enter Australia going forward.

A 12 month prison sentence seems to be where they draw a line in the sand, so a conditional discharge as a juvenille seems very unlikely to make a difference. Just make sure you tick the 'Yes' to criminal convictions on the landing card whenever you enter Australia going forward.

Going forward i will definately be taking your advice!

Thanks for putting some ease in my mind

Gary & Sue

:notworthy:

Archived