Palmerston

Guest JamesP

hey guys and girls,

i've lived in darwin for several weeks, now just left Noonamah after 8 weeks there. Going to be working at Mt Bundey shortly. I just wanted to know peoples opinions of living in Palmerston (i know there is at least 1 person in the form of "Janine The Party Queen"

I am seriously considering making my permanent move up here to The Top End. I have been in palmerston CBD, some of the houses look fantastic, and there's plenty to do with the waterpark coming online soon, golf course, boat ramp for fishing etc. I havn't yet spent a night in Palmerston, been to any restaurnats, bars, shops etc.

Help and advice greatly appreciated as always

Bars----Arch Rival,Palmerston Tavern,Cazaleys,The Sports Bar by the Hub all good

Restaurants----Hogs Breath,Bhan Thai,Salt'n'Pepper all good

Shopping----Coles,Woolworths,Target,Crazy Clarkes and numerous smaller shops

We have a cinema,a GP super clinic,Marlow Lagoon recreation area,golf,bowls,shooting,archery.

Numerous kindys and schools.

Some new info there, thanks Janine. Which are the better suburbs to live in?

Hope you wern't involved with the crane incident in Gunn the other day? :S

Palmerstons a great place......nice small city and close enough to Darwin for a big night out.....close enough to the Litchfield/Berry Springs areas for the weekend. I'll second that the markets are great! I think we may have settled farely close to that area of housing you mentioned in Gray Janine....but our house is pretty awsome for the price and it means we are not the loudest in the neighbourhood...alwas a plus side :wink: Let me know if you move up and I'll be around for that beer!!

definetely up for a beer with people at some point. Not due to leave the NT until Mid-December. So for everyone in Palmerston, lets see about a get together

i tried before but i struggled to rally the people together so with you on my side James I think we can do it! Any weekends/eves good for you? I have met a couple of people in Darwin recently that may want to tag along too so I'm sure we can get something together:jiggy:

i tried before but i struggled to rally the people together so with you on my side James I think we can do it! Any weekends/eves good for you? I have met a couple of people in Darwin recently that may want to tag along too so I'm sure we can get something together:jiggy:

With me working and staying out at Mt Bundy, i am not quite sure what the working week etc is going to be like yet. If i have a few weekends off, i can quite easily drive bk over for a get together. Will give you a shout when i know more, but see what you can do to rally the troops :D

• 4 weeks later...

junellew,

hows this sat night for everyone? Pretty much been guaranteed sponsorship with the company i'm working for now, so looking at getting a place in Palmy. If it's too short notice, just say and we can organise it for a couple of weeks time :D

Sorry James, we are away in Kakadu - we are having to leave Palmerston in 3 weeks and head back to Melbourne due to family stuff :frown::frown:so are trying to see what we can of the NT in the short time we have. Janine kindly offered to show me around :wubclub:though so I'm sure she may do the same for you!! We had to lease break so I know a cracking 3 bed house in Gray if you need one :biggrin::laugh:

The other good thing is the Minibus cabs only $10 anywhere in Palmerston.

True but you have to wait until there are enough in your vicinity to be collected, the time my wife and I tried it we ended up waiting for about 20 - 30 mins.

And just to add to the praises for Palmie, we've been here for nearly 4 months now and are very happy. Commuting into Darwin is a breeze (if you're used to the UK) a little stiffling in the heat but the lovely housing and areas with facilities is just great. The cinema is nothing to be sniffed at etc.

Only thing we've yet to encounter is the torrential rain and the cyclones.. we'll soon see how that turns out ;-D

In fact my wife and I are currently looking to buy/build here, its fabulous!

4lan

Archived