Another Newbie saying Hello

gparkes

Hi Just to check in and say hello,

Me and my husband are going to be moving to melbourne he accepted a job in west melbourne last week and they are wanting him to start asap!! they put a start date of 1st Nov on the visa forms so thats scarey!

Anyone in the same boat would be gladly welcomed by me, i would love to move out there having already made friends so i am not feeling to alone as i think my husband will be working long hours when he starts his job, plus i will already be upset to leave my 2 dogs behind with my parents untill we get ourselfs sorted with a house ect :cry:

Don't i make it sound depressing? No i am really excited but very frightened at having no family or friends out there as i love my girlie nights out ( and a bottle of wine and nights in) and family dinners ect. I am a happy go lucky person and am worried i may become a little depressed.

Thats enough of me trying to grovel some mates

Thanks for reading

Gail

:biglaugh:

Hi Gail

That's quick isn't it?

I know how you are feeling about your pets, we had to get rid of our cats two weeks ago in preparation bfor the big move but at least you can look forward to getting them shipped out when you are settled.

ooop, didn't mean to finish there.

Hopefully there are some people on here that won't be too far from you and you can arrange a meet up.

Hope it all goes well and you enjoy the adventure !!

Joanne XX

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hello Gail:)

Welcome to Poms In Oz:spinny:

I think most of us on here realise that we'll miss our friends and family.....I think though that with a little bit of effort, new friends can also be made:yes:

We plan to have a permanent 'spare room' to accommodate friends and family that come out to visit us.

Cheers,

Rachel :wubclub:

Guest PatnKev

hiya Gail,

I'm in similar situ as you! So if I get there before you I'll keep a bottle of wine chilled and if you get there before me....I'm looking forward to a new group of girlies to go drinking with.

My OH was told 3 months when he got offered the job, but due to the delays at immigration etc it seems to be taking a little longer than first anticipated. But everything is done now so we're just waiting.

I am sure you will be fine.

Patx

Hi Just to check in and say hello,

Me and my husband are going to be moving to melbourne he accepted a job in west melbourne last week and they are wanting him to start asap!! they put a start date of 1st Nov on the visa forms so thats scarey!

Anyone in the same boat would be gladly welcomed by me, i would love to move out there having already made friends so i am not feeling to alone as i think my husband will be working long hours when he starts his job, plus i will already be upset to leave my 2 dogs behind with my parents untill we get ourselfs sorted with a house ect :cry:

Don't i make it sound depressing? No i am really excited but very frightened at having no family or friends out there as i love my girlie nights out ( and a bottle of wine and nights in) and family dinners ect. I am a happy go lucky person and am worried i may become a little depressed.

Thats enough of me trying to grovel some mates

Thanks for reading

Gail

:biglaugh:

Just want to say hi and welcome to POI. You will make many friends on here and there are loads of us already in Melbourne or heading to Melbourne!!

Good luck with the move and your new life!!

Deb xx :jiggy:

Guest THE JONEZYS

Good luck and welcome to PIO.

We are in Melbourne have made lots of friends.

If you are an outgoing person you will be fine!!

Lesley

Archived