Visa approved! What should i do now?

northwest

Hi all,

New to site and i love it!

The info i get from it is brill!

I received my approved visa start of this week and we (wife and two young kids) are over the moon!

We wont be moving over until about Aug next year but i realy want to be on the ball with everything and start getting orginised now.

What should i be thinking about or doing now, i dont want to be leaving it anywhere near the last minute.

If anybody can advise and list somethings i can be getting on with i would really appreciate it.

We are heading to WA and thinking around Joondalup area.

I am a painter and decorator and my o/h is a personal trainer/sports massage.

Kids are 2 1/2 and 2 months.

I am sure there are many other families in the same position with experience or looking for help.

Anyway thats enough for now, thanks.

Hi

Congratulations!

Start saving!

Shippers; flights; rent and bond for the first few months... I could go on....

Choose a topic and post in the most appropriate forum.. there is one for everything oz!

You'll find an answer to 99% of your questions on this site if you put in the time to scrutinize each section.

Good luck...

I'm a nurse. We are planning on heading to Qld Nov. '12 with our two girls who are currently 5 and 3.

Hi all,

New to site and i love it!

The info i get from it is brill!

I received my approved visa start of this week and we (wife and two young kids) are over the moon!

We wont be moving over until about Aug next year but i realy want to be on the ball with everything and start getting orginised now.

What should i be thinking about or doing now, i dont want to be leaving it anywhere near the last minute.

If anybody can advise and list somethings i can be getting on with i would really appreciate it.

We are heading to WA and thinking around Joondalup area.

I am a painter and decorator and my o/h is a personal trainer/sports massage.

Kids are 2 1/2 and 2 months.

I am sure there are many other families in the same position with experience or looking for help.

Anyway thats enough for now, thanks.

First thing to do is to make sure you comply with the validation condition. Your visa will have come with a date before which you must make your first entry to Australia on that visa. Miss that date and you lose the visa.

You can move at the same time as validating (provided validation isn't required before next August in your case) otherwise you need to arrange to go on a recce (all of you not just the main applicant) or you need to change your planned move accordingly.

If you're planning on cutting it fine remember it's the date of entry into Australia that counts which will be at least one day later (sometime two days later) than the date you leave the UK (i.e. you've got less time than you think!).

If you can manage to move before the date you have to validate you'll get a larger baggage allowance from the airlines (a special migrant concession on one way tickets but only on the first use of the visa).

Archived