State Sponsorship - do I have to live in that state?

Guest CCMC

Hi All,

I have been granted a 190 Visa with SS from South Australia. I am currently in India, and will be moving there in a couple of weeks. Recently i have been in talks with a prospective employer about a role which will be based in SA and as such will be taking up residence there as well. However, the role will require that i travel alot outside SA and at times outside Australia.

Can someone let me know, if traveling between states and at times outside the country for a few weeks/months on project work will affect my 2 year commitment to SA or cause any problems when i apply for citizenship or RRV

Thanks for the help in advance!!

Cheers

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good response from above. People spend time and money trying to get to Australia and take which ever option is handed to them. My wife and I are State Sponsored (SA) but have friends and family in Perth. We haven't settled in SA and I've been offered a job with my own company in WA but turned it down because we didn't want to be thrown out of the country. By doing so I've actually jeopardised my own job here as they may no longer need me out here. People ask for advice and I understand that people think its wrong for people to take visa's from others. Lets not forget that wherever you live in Australia you have committed to the country and are contributing to the country by paying taxes etc. If there is a way in and a possibility of changing then why not. When you've flown across the world you are never certain where you want to live. I contacted SA Immigration and informed them I was here, I was basically told "why you telling us"

Lets help people on this site instead of giving them mixed messages and making life changing decisions even harder than they need to be

Luke

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so its crystal clear and hopefully people wont start a new thread sooner than later..........You go to sponsored state..........You try to find a job for a few months (like 65 rejections or no reply)..........You DON'T get a job..........You try other states (finally an acceptance or job offer)....you FIND a job..........YOU TAKE IT..........you inform the sponsored state..........they sent you a positive or a negative or a neutral or perhaps NO reply..........You accept that as well..........and you live in the country for FIVE YEARS PAYING TAXES..........which makes you a contributor to a state/country. DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY PROBLEM..........BUT YES DO TRY FOR A FEW MONTH.

Now please NO MORE state sponsorship threads!!

Ok, so its crystal clear and hopefully people wont start a new thread sooner than later..........You go to sponsored state..........You try to find a job for a few months (like 65 rejections or no reply)..........You DON'T get a job..........You try other states (finally an acceptance or job offer)....you FIND a job..........YOU TAKE IT..........you inform the sponsored state..........they sent you a positive or a negative or a neutral or perhaps NO reply..........You accept that as well..........and you live in the country for FIVE YEARS PAYING TAXES..........which makes you a contributor to a state/country. DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY PROBLEM..........BUT YES DO TRY FOR A FEW MONTH.

Now please NO MORE state sponsorship threads!!

Yes there are many threads discussing the State Sponsorship agreement - but it is not up to you to decide if there should be anymore threads discussing this topic or not.

Since this thread is originally over 2 years old - there has been many changes regarding migration regulations and criteria for state nomination.

Archived