Holiday apartment/accommodation in ACT

richselina

Hi,

We're coming to Canberra for a week in February to do some research ahead of our planned move in July/August 2012 and would appreciate it if anyone could recommend a holiday apartment/B&B etc to stay in. We're looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom property that could sleep 2 adults and one young child that has all the facilities of a home.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

That could be a difficult time to be looking but I quite like the look of this one http://www.allhomes.com.au/ah/act/rent-residential/higgins-crescent-ainslie-canberra/1316736838011 - close to town - no affiliation at all.

Failing that you could try some of the serviced apartments - The Waldorf is central as are Quest and the James Court serviced apartments but they are all going to be quite costly - I usually budget for $1k per week so anything less than that is going to be a bonus I reckon. I do recommend Civic though, otherwise you really have to get into sorting some transport really quickly

Guest destinationoz

We stayed at Langley Heights in Calwell - it's a 2 bed with living area, table area and fully equipped kitchen - even got central heating (not that you'll need it in Feb but you will in July!!!!) - it's about $90 a night however it is in Calwell so be prepared to drive half an hour into city centre (civic) and it is VERY dated - but clean!!

It's advertised on Stayz - as a B&B but you can use as an apartment (it's under the owners home!) - just email owner to book.

Guest Accommodate Canberra

Hi, If you are looking for self-contained accommodation or even want some general advice on areas etc, please feel free to contact me at Accommodate Canberra. I am a recent arrival to Canberra from the UK and know exactly what it is like trying to find a base for a while.

Hi, If you are looking for self-contained accommodation or even want some general advice on areas etc, please feel free to contact me at Accommodate Canberra. I am a recent arrival to Canberra from the UK and know exactly what it is like trying to find a base for a while.

A name would help! It's Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the message. I think I've found a place in Bruce for 5 days when we're visiting in Feb, but it would be great if you have or could let me know of any other places we could stay. The one in Bruce is $170 per night.

As a recent arrival it would be great to hear your views on Canberra and some suggestions on places we should look at when we are there for housing. We have a budget of about $550k to $600k and looking for a 4 bed with garden in a family area with good schools for our 5 year old daughter.

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you soon

Richard

Guest ralfjnr

We're doing exactly the same now, and staying in Canberra Motor Village

The accommodation is like the static caravans you get on the coast in the UK. We have s one year old with us, and they are really clean, and new

It's approx 10 mins from the centre of Canberra, and also has heated outdoor pool with sunbeds etc for r&r after exhausting house hunting :-)

Another plus, it's cheaper cooking evening meals, as eating out is fairly pricey

Good luck

Hi Richard,

I would probably suggest somewhere like Belconnen. I cannot stress enough how important it is to peruse the 'AllHomes' website. We offer Self-Contained Apartment living mainly around the City/Kingston/Barton areas and act as a good base for newcomers. Your budget will give you a good deal of flexibility, which can only be a good thing in the Canberra market.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Archived