Bit of a problem... Need small op, leaving on 16th October..

In short, I have my final consultation regarding a small operation I need on the 6th October.

It is highly unlikely the NHS will organise this operation within 1 week of that consultation, which leaves me in a difficult position, as my flight to Australia is booked for the 16th October. I cannot fly any later as the visa (WHV) runs out on the 21st October, I will be 32 on the 22nd!

Does anyone know, if there's any sort of possibility of me getting this operation in Australia, via the NHS?

I can divulge details of the operation, if it matters.

Guest The Pom Queen

I suppose it really does depend on the operation, personally I would be trying to get it done before you arrive, if it is life threatening then yes you would get it done over here.

Unfortunately you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Thanks

I will try to get this done before I leave, they know that I leave on the 16th, but since I told them back in July, they've already "forgot" to book appointments and delayed things by 3 weeks, so not too confident.

The operation isn't life threatening, and I could live with the condition for another year, but I dont intend on coming back to the UK immediately after my WHV expires.

Guest The Pom Queen

It is definetly worth trying to get it done before you come but bear in mind the recovery time and whether you would be fit to fly.