Do we send him before or after we fly??

luckymallen

Hello All,

Just want people's opinions, or what decisions you have made about when to send you pet. Now the new Rabbies policy has been introduced for pets, out agent has calculated that if our cat travels a few days before us (which is ideally what we wanted) then he would have to stay in quarantine for about another week or so on top of the minimum 30 days) before he can be released. We could however send him four days after we leave and then he would only have to spend the minimum 30 days in quarantine.

Obviously, the less time he spends in quarantine the better, but I just feel i want him their safely before we fly! But thats very selfish on our part, isnt it?

Also, due to the flight times and opening times of the quarantine station, Heccy has to change planes in Singapore, the agents have assured me this is very quick and safe, but I feel very anxious about this - eek, I am beeing neurotic!

:animal-cat:

Guest The Pom Queen

Personally I would send him before you leave, an extra 4 days isn't anything too serious plus it will give you more time to get yourself settled in a long term rental before he comes out of quarantine.

It is a stressful time but he will be fine honest.

Hugs

Kate

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks Kate, I tell you, taking Heccy is the most worrying part of the whole move - are we doing the right thing by him etc etc! But hey, where we go, he goes! :smile:

You are right it is the most worrying part and we as owners worry more than them. Just make sure you have a lovely house ready for him when he comes out, with some new toys and he will soon forget.:hug:

Guest juliemtaylor

we sent our 2 elderly cats a month ahead of us last year. Yes it was heart breaking and a nervous time for us. It did allow us to carry on moving without the cats being disrupted in UK and we emailed the quarantine centre all the time for updates. We arrived 2 days before fetching them out of quarantine and we were so pleased to see them and take them back to our pet friendly short term rental.

Julie x

Thanks Julie

We will be spoiling him rotten, more than normal!. We will have about 4 weeks to find a pet friendly rental. Luckily we are staying with Australian friends of my in laws, who happen to be good frineds with an estate agent. They have also offered to do some some reccies on properties just before we arrive, so hopefully we will find something fairly quick in readiness for his royal furriness! :animal-cat:

Archived