Processing times advice

Dono

Hey guys :)

I have a few (more!) questions. This time it's about processing priorities: I had a look on the DIAC web site and it said that the minister announced new priority processing on 1 July 2011. I'm erring on the side of applying for a 175 visa simply because it may be easier than trying for state sponsorship for me. Obviously this puts me in group P4 (instead of P3 for the 176 visa). What I'd like to know is:

• Do the priorities change annually, or is it haphazard? When last did the priorities change?
  • If the priorities were to change, would there be much risk that the 175 would end up in the P5 category? If I read between the lines, the P5 category is "visas that will never be processed".
  • Most importantly - if priorities change, are the changes applied retrospectively? What I mean is - if I apply in October 2011, and the priorities change in July 2012, and my visa type ends up in the P5 category - will my visa remain in the P4 category because that is the priority that was in force when I applied for my visa, or will I now be in P5?

Also - for the migration agents - do you foresee a flood of applicants before the new EOI system comes into force next year? I've noticed the DIAC is catching up on the 175s (slowly but surely). Since the first EOI invitations will only go out in January 2013, does this mean that new visa applications will be suspended between 01/07/2012 and 01/01/2013? What impact will this have on existing applications? I surely wouldn't think that the processing would be completely suspended would it?

Thanks for the advice everyone :)

Archived