Hard question !

jem32

Hi, I hope someone out there in pio land can answer this,

We applied for State sponsorship 475 and got it for the extra 5 points to get us to 65, This is before my wife resits the ielts which when passed will give us 10 points meaning we could get in on a 176 visa,

The reason we done this is incase her skill was taken off the WA list as its just been put on.

Does anyone know if we can transfer from a 475 to a 176 or will we need to re apply.

jem

Guest guest59177

My understanding of the situation with occupation going off the list is that you fall down one slot to category 4 from category 3. Having more than 65 points won't help you with that at all.

I thought getting 475 SS gave you 10 points?? 176SS- 5 points

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-test.pdf

Once you have submitted your application to the DIAC you cant change to different visa (unless you applied before 1 jul 2010). You would need to reapply and pay new fee.

As bensdad says you need to reapply for the 176 SS, it would be best to ask WA gov with the changes fron 12th Sept, if they can transfer as now Perth is classiffied as Regional area, they might be able give you new letter??

Guest guest59177
My understanding of the situation with occupation going off the list is that you fall down one slot to category 4 from category 3. Having more than 65 points won't help you with that at all.

The above is for 176 SS...

Archived