difficult situation

Guest luca35

Hi all,

I don't know how to move..

I applied for the 176 visa for WA on the 18th June 2011. Until now no response , no case officer...

I found a company in Perth where the owner want to hire me. I had a couple of interviews on Skype and he told me.. you are exactly what I'm looking for.. etc etc..

He also told me that he want to help with my visa.

I asked to my immi agent and he told me that the only way is start a new application for a sponsored visa :sad:

Do you think is there any other way to speed up my application?

If the owner of the company write a letter to the immi dept where he explain the situation, should be helpful?

Anyone in the similar situation? it's really annoying....

Thanks

My understanding is that you would need to start a new visa application, but that would be by the company, maybe a 457. This will probably come through much quicker than your 176, because you haven't had police checks & medical yet..

I believe that there is no reason why you can't have two visa applications running concurrently, the only thing to bear in mind is that the last visa issued over rules any othe visa you have. Meaning that if your permanent 176 visa is issued before your temporary 457 visa, then this would over rule your permanent visa.

I have been in a similar situation earlier in the year, luckily my company were willing to wait for my permanent visa to come through, once I explained where I was in the visa process. Although I was further through than yourself, as I had a case officer and date for medical checks.

Hope this helps

Kev

I would look in to why you havent got a case officer by now if you are 176SS WA visa. As Priority 3 applicants who applied before 30 Aug 2011 have case officers.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

Has you or your agent emailed the acceptance of sponsorship to WA and have they sent 1100 form to DIAC? We received email back same day from WA saying that they had confirmed our or sponsopship to DIAC.

You can apply for 457 while 176 is also being processed, if you got to Australia on 457 visa and 176 is still being processed you would need to leave the country for a few days for the visa to be granted as you cant be in Aus as its an offshore visa.

If you received 176 visa while 457 was being processed, I would expect that you can just cancel the application for the 457.

But would look in to why you havent received a CO yet first.

Hi all,

I don't know how to move..

I applied for the 176 visa for WA on the 18th June 2011. Until now no response , no case officer...

I found a company in Perth where the owner want to hire me. I had a couple of interviews on Skype and he told me.. you are exactly what I'm looking for.. etc etc..

He also told me that he want to help with my visa.

I asked to my immi agent and he told me that the only way is start a new application for a sponsored visa :sad:

Do you think is there any other way to speed up my application?

If the owner of the company write a letter to the immi dept where he explain the situation, should be helpful?

Anyone in the similar situation? it's really annoying....

Thanks

Ask your agent to advise you about a fee-free application.

Thanks Wrussell

sounds really good hear the word FREE :biggrin:

So basically i have to pay only immi agent cost?

How much could be a rough price for that process?

before call my immi agent i would like to get more info about.

He told me to start another application for 457 sponsored visa....

thanks

Luca

Archived