Driving to Leichhardt from Surry Hills in a minute

MARYROSE02

Nearly 5 to 1 for an appt at 130 and still not showered which is entirely typical of me. Lovely day and did not get up until after noon.

I like Leichhardt which is about 5k from here - Cleveland St, turn right into City Road, left into Parra Road then continue on past Sydney Uni thru Camperdown, Annandale until I turn right into Norton St - THE street in Leichhardt - full of cafes, restaurants, shops. The only UN-cool thing about the place is the low flying jets from Mascot. There's a big Italian community there.

Just hope the lights are on my side - usually check the clock on the old Grace Bros tower at the corner of Broadway/Parra Rd/City Road.

I usually vary my route back either via Annandale and Glebe or via the Anzac Bridge - fantastic views over the City skyline and of the Harbour Bridge - really brings home just how BIG Sydney is!

Nearly 5 to 1 for an appt at 130 and still not showered which is entirely typical of me. Lovely day and did not get up until after noon.

I like Leichhardt which is about 5k from here - Cleveland St, turn right into City Road, left into Parra Road then continue on past Sydney Uni thru Camperdown, Annandale until I turn right into Norton St - THE street in Leichhardt - full of cafes, restaurants, shops. The only UN-cool thing about the place is the low flying jets from Mascot. There's a big Italian community there.

I love Norton Street for that very reason. Its great to take the OH there for coffee and a chat about things.

"WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID I NEEDED TO DO?":no:

"NO...SORRY...DIDN'T GET IT THAT TIME EITHER, ITS THESE BLASTED JETS YOU KNOW!":nah:

"SORRY CAN'T HEAR YOU...LOOK, LETS JUST ENJOY THE COFFEE, WE CAN TALK LATER":yes:

"THAT'S AN AIR CHINA 747SP YOU KNOW":shocked:

I was there on time, had a clear run thru the lights from Glebe Point Road to Crystal Street. I went for a little walk around the back streets after my appointment. I like looking at the homes around there - about the same age, but a different style to Surry Hills, lots of single storey places, either in terraces or detached. Some of them can be deceptive going back a long way and with an extra level which you can't see from the street. In Surry Hills the old homes are more likely to be two-storey terraces.

I had a coffee in a new (for me) cafe in Jarrett St then drove home via Norton St to the Westlink (or whatever it's called?) I used to live on the other side of these lights so walked up and down Norton every day. Lovely day too, warm & sunny. My new fave route home is over the Anzac Bridge, then right into the City and up Bathurst St, then turn right into Elizabeth St and follow that to just before Cleveland where I live.

I had to go out immediately to pick up my friend Cynthia in Foveaux St then drive her to Double Bay where she'd parked her car (I don't know whether she got a bus in New South Head Road or the train from Edgecliff?) She thinks it's quicker to get there via Elzabeth St, Wentworth Ave & College St then right into William St. I prefer to meander thru Surry Hills to Oxford St then go left behind St Vincents - Boundary Road? I don't take the quickest route but the one which is most interesting.

Then I went to Redleaf for a swim followed by Rose Bay RSL for coffee then shopping at Woolies in Redfern. And now, at 930, make dinner - bit lazy, got a red chicken curry to microwave.