Finding friends near Hope Island

ginger

Hi all me (30), my wife (30) and kids (7, 6 and 2) have recently moved from the UK (Hull - Yorkshire) and we are wondering how you actually start to build a friend network. Back home we have left some great friends behind but did expect to meet people here. The kids go to Coombabah school but the parents don't hang around the playground like back home so bonds are hard to build. We have had quick chats in supermarkets but that was when were at a friends in Robina. Any advise or even people who feel like they are in a similar boat could get in touch.

PS - I feel like a total tw@t for having to do this haha

Ginger......or just call me Rob

Hi Rob,

we live in Paradise Point, so not far from you. We only arrived in July and are keen to make friends. We have 2 boys age 2 and 10 months. If you fancy meeting up, give us a shout.

Vic

P.S. You don't play golf do you?

Hi Rob,

we live in Paradise Point, so not far from you. We only arrived in July and are keen to make friends. We have 2 boys age 2 and 10 months. If you fancy meeting up, give us a shout.

Vic

P.S. You don't play golf do you?

- unfotunately I don't haha sorry I had a go with my mate over here and on the pics I look like I'm playing baseball not golf!

Im on the broadwater in labrador and been herer two years from cannock, just outside brum. Play golf when I get chance although normally about the 95-100 mark round most courses.

Glad to meet up for a beer, chat or whatever, my missus is from Tazzy so can talk to the women at the same time as men with her other head (only kidding, seems to make all the kiwis laugh)

Cheers

Sean

Guest sh7t man no way

theres a few members living in helensville just up the road from you-theres a queensland suburb section on pio--could be worth a look

Guest paulacox
Hi all me (30), my wife (30) and kids (7, 6 and 2) have recently moved from the UK (Hull - Yorkshire) and we are wondering how you actually start to build a friend network. Back home we have left some great friends behind but did expect to meet people here. The kids go to Coombabah school but the parents don't hang around the playground like back home so bonds are hard to build. We have had quick chats in supermarkets but that was when were at a friends in Robina. Any advise or even people who feel like they are in a similar boat could get in touch.

PS - I feel like a total tw@t for having to do this haha

Ginger......or just call me Rob

Hi

There are a couple of facebooks groups, which you could join, quite a few of us dont live to far from you.

They are expats on the gold coast and gold coast poms n ozzies.

Thanks

Paula

Archived