Skills assessment

zidden

If I get my skills, qualifications and experience assessed by AITSL (Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership) do I still have to get them verified by TRA or is this just for trade professions?

No, just AITSL - you only get them assessed the once for migration (look forward to getting them assessed all over again for teacher reg in your state by the state as well btw! Fun!), by whoever your assessing body might be - for us lot, AITSL, for others TRA etc etc...

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, I have received a positive statement from AITSL.

I am applying for verification on work experience as I initially applied prior to July 1st and the application form never included the new section I (which covers work experience). I am just awaiting a letter from my local authority detailing my employment with them.

For DIAC to accept my 12 out of 24 months, will the letter of experience from AITSL be enough or do I have to copy pay slips and obtain a specific letter from my local authority stating that I have worked 12 out of the last 24 months.

Thanks, I have received a positive statement from AITSL.

I am applying for verification on work experience as I initially applied prior to July 1st and the application form never included the new section I (which covers work experience). I am just awaiting a letter from my local authority detailing my employment with them.

For DIAC to accept my 12 out of 24 months, will the letter of experience from AITSL be enough or do I have to copy pay slips and obtain a specific letter from my local authority stating that I have worked 12 out of the last 24 months.

You don't need the AITSL verification for the 12 months out of the last 24 - I didn't have it, I just used payslips for the last 13 months, a letter from my last employer (I started a new school last Sept), my current school contract and a my P60 from this school - I emailed my CO and asked if I could not submit a letter from my current employer as she is a cow and I didn't want her to know we were going, and CO said the above was enough. I don't think my CO looked at the letter from my last school though, just went on the payslips and contract mainly, with the P60 just backing them up.

Don't know if the AITSL will be enough on its own or not, maybe just scan in your payslips as well, and then if your CO wants more, they will just ask you directly for it - mine asked for another payslip on top of what I had submitted, then just put that condition to 'Met' on my tracker.

Good luck :biggrin:

Archived