Young couple just moved to Brisbane

Guest MhairiStephen

Ok, well I'm thinking 8pm at the Pig N Whistle in the CBD on 22nd October!!

I shall wait to see if we get some more interest as well - hopefully a few of us can make it!

I wouldn't mind coming along but it's only going to be me if that's ok? My fiancee doesn't arrive until December but I still wouldn't mind meeting some folk soon.

Cheers

Paul

Guest KevGarty

Hi folks,

Kev here (25) I arrived in OZ on 21st of June with my wife Lynsey(24) and my son Sam (2).

We were originally from Dundee, Scotland. we are living in Cleveland just now hoping to meet some fellow new arrivals as you's may know you lack friends when you immigrate to another country lol

All the best

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mhairi,

How it all going, me and my bf arrived in Brisbane at end of August and were in the same boat as yourselves, job hunting sucks massively!

But we are finally both working now thanks to temp agencies!

Were from SE Kent, and both on 417 Visa!

Massive different from home hay!

Ashley & Steve

Hello all,

My boyfriend (25) and I (24) moved to Brisbane from Edinburgh at the end of August and are looking to meet new people. We are used to having a big circle of friends, are very social and would love to get out and about in the Brisbane area.

My boyfriend has already started work, while I am currently looking. Would be great to meet up with someone in a similar situation as job hunting sucks, :jiggy:

Look forward to hearing from y'all.

Mhairi and Stephen

Hi Guys

WE're thinking of postponing the meet on the 22nd as I know a few people can't make it.

If we delay it a week or two, then more people can come along together?

How would that suit? :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

My wife (28) and I (29) would like to meet up for drinks with people, we live bayside but would be happy to meet in the CBD.

I arrived here in May and my wife arrived in August. I've got a job and my wife is currently seeking.

Let us know if you meet up again as we would enjoy meeting people in a similar position to us.

Mel and Darren

Guest NicandGlenn

Hi,

My partner and I are living in Brisbane. He is English and I am from Brisbane. He has found it a little difficult to make friends. So if anyone is interested in having a few drinks or even a BBQ in a park or something, just let me know. Always up for making new friends and I'm sure my bf would love to meet some new people.

Nic and Glenn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oz_angel

Hi there everyone...my boyfriend and I have recently arrived in Brisbane from Ireland. We are also hoping to make some friends, so hopefully we haven't missed the meet up! Looking forward to meeting some of you soon :biggrin:

Guest mitchscotland

Hi we met up few weeks ago. We plan to meet again. Welcome to Brisbane , Suzie and myself only been here 2 weeks, any advice please ask

Hi there everyone...my boyfriend and I have recently arrived in Brisbane from Ireland. We are also hoping to make some friends, so hopefully we haven't missed the meet up! Looking forward to meeting some of you soon :biggrin:

Guest oz_angel
Hi we met up few weeks ago. We plan to meet again. Welcome to Brisbane , Suzie and myself only been here 2 weeks, any advice please ask

Thanks! You are both quite new arrivals then...Barry and I have been in Australia since the start of September and Brisbane for the past month or so, just struggling to settle a bit. Hope you and Suzie are enjoying the lovely if not slightly hot weather - bit different to back home, eh!

Lyndsey

• 3 months later...
Guest scattynatty

Hi everyone!!

Myself (24) and my partner Sean (28) have just recently moved to Brisbane in January. We moved to Oz in septemeber 2011 from Bonnie Scotland and spent a couple of months up in Townsville.

In the same boat as most of the postees here, looking to get out and about and make some buddies (its harder than i thought it would be).

Did the meet up at the pig and whistle go ahead?

Any tips on getting out and mingling/meet ups would be mych appreciated.

Nat & Sean

Archived