175 - Qs about Online Application

jakc

Currently in Melbourne on year 3 on a 457 visa, with my partner who is from UK as well.

Want to get my 175 lodged before Xmas, and looks like it makes sense to do this with an online application.

I have been going through the checklist and have some Questions

Q1 - Can you fill in forms 1276 and 80 (Character assesment for each applicant) online, or do you fill these in on paper and scan them in?

"Saved applications will generally be stored for 28 days." source

Q2 - Do you need to ensure you have everything on the ticklist BEFORE lodging the online application? i.e. My IELTS test is still 3 weeks away.

Q3 - What do I need to certify and what dont I? Just my passport and birth certificate for both applicants?

Thanks

Guest guest59177

Q1 - Can you fill in forms 1276 and 80 (Character assesment for each applicant) online, or do you fill these in on paper and scan them in?

Online filling: The 175 application form itself AND another 'form' for character assessment which you get in your online status page AFTER successfully lodging your application.

The rest of the forms you simply download, print out, fill in (or use a PDF writer program to fill in and print), sign/fill up those parts that can't be filled using a PDF writer, then scan and upload.

Q2 - Do you need to ensure you have everything on the ticklist BEFORE lodging the online application? i.e. My IELTS test is still 3 weeks away.

The IELTS and occupation assessment from relevant assessment body must be done before lodging the application. You get 28 days to upload all the required docs. I don't know what happens if you don't, and I have a gut feeling it wouldn't be anything disastrous either if you don't, but DON'T TAKE A CHANCE!!! Make sure you can upload everything within 28 days of lodging your application.

Q3 - What do I need to certify and what dont I? Just my passport and birth certificate for both applicants?

You will receive detailed instructions in the automated response email after lodging the application. If you browse the DIAC website in detail, you will find instructions there as well. Long story short, you can simply scan and upload documents in color. Forms don't need to be certified. PCC does not need to be certified. All black and white documents must be photocopied, the copy must be certified, and the scan of the certified copy must be uploaded. Originals of translated documents must be uploaded along with the translations.

Hope this helps!!!! :biggrin:

Archived