Has anyone managed to get sponsership via recruitment agancey

steteevic

:nah:Hiya, has anyone managed to get a sponsership 457 visa, via recruitment agancey,

went to expo show last week York, company there said they would sponser us, would have to work for them for two years, they would sort out our visa's and after two years we could apply for P R,:wub: just wondering if anyone else has gone down this route, any info someone may have, would be very much appreciated.

in process of getting O H resume done up, been in the same job for 15yrs DHL, cant be that hard !!!!, then we gonna send of to the world and his wife, DOWNUNDER,

cheers guys, S T V & jaz (the dog).

this time next year we gonna be in OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.:smile:

Guest Angela Dixon

Hi there thats what we are looking to do but finding anyone to sponser us is very hard. What kind of job have you been sponsered for and good luck. We are of to the Expo in Manchester at the end of Oct so we have our fingers crossed.

Hi Angela, there's a lot of us in the same boat but the expo was very informative, my OH has been in logistic's and distrubution for a long as Ive known him, thought we had no chance, what is it your OH does,??? you can PM me and Ill give you details of the people we spoke to, pretty sure they will be at Manchester., cheers keep your chin up, were theres a will theres a way.

hi there.... anything is worth a look when wanting to go to Aussie but as always be careful of promises...

l found this bit of info on another very worthwhile site.... not sure if l am allowed to print the webpage so l wont and l hope they dont mind me passing on valuable info on here but l did copy this just as some information ....:dull:

Recruitment hire firms no longer able to nominate under subclass 457

Author: Alan CollettDate: Monday, October 01, 2007

Changes to Australia's Migration Regulations effective today mean that recruitment hire companies are no longer able to nominate positions where the supply of labour is to an unrelated third party business.

Employers in Australia are therefore now required to employ and nominate skilled persons directly rather than through a labour hire consultancy if they wish to engage skilled persons who are not Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens.

i dont know how this is effective for the company you approached but its worth double checking everything

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

At this juncture, I would say "Be Careful" Time was when recruitent agencies could sponsor people for 457 visas

The more uscrupulous recruiters realised that they didn't have do anything much about finding the migrant a job because the prospect of starvation would be likely to inspire self-reliance. Once the migrant got his own job, the unscrupulous rectuiter pitched up on the doorstep, beaming, "Well done, chum....but it's like this...if it weren't for me, you would not have gotten into Oz in the first place, so even though i did sod-all, I want my cut of your wage from your job, You hand it over or I ditch sponsoring you and you get left to figure out how to get home..." It is thoriughly evil bit is IS gong on as we speak.

As "activity" goes, there is no way that this sort of antc can be justified, The Australian Govt (rightly, in my view) slammed the door on this eploitational nonense last weelk That makes it harder to get in but less easy to be rooked.

Personally I gree with the Ox Govt on this one.

Nite all

Gill

Guest wiggly

Recruitment hire firms no longer able to nominate under subclass 457

Author: Alan CollettDate: Monday, October 01, 2007

Employers in Australia are therefore now required to employ and nominate skilled persons directly rather than through a labour hire consultancy if they wish to engage skilled persons who are not Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or New Zealand citizens.

i dont know how this is effective for the company you approached but its worth double checking everything

Hey mate, we saw that on too just after we were contacted i wanted to do some digging,

but its not the agencies that we've spoken to that are trying to offer this.

As i understand it we pay them a sum total of bugger all, they help us get the positions, the employer pays them a percentage and the emp sorts out the visa's.

Although this can be tough as there are only a certain amount of visas that can be applied for / granted per year and they need to deal with the immigration people.

Guest JoanneHattersley

We went through that way as we were sponsored by a nursing agency on a 457. The agency placed me in a nursing home and I was lucky! After 4 months the home "bought me out" and gave me a permanent job. After 18 months they sponsored me thruogh PR.

:notworthy:Hiya, OH is looking for transport,logistics'distribution, warehouse work !!!!!:nah:

at the momment he works for DHL( warehouse manager) , been looking in the paper's ( all are available online) loads a jobs advertised, though most seem to be with agancey, one thing we going ti try is contact DHL direct, just have to sort a couple of things out first, thanks for all your advise, this really is a fab site, totally addicted. cheers Theresax:jiggy:

This time next year we WILL e in OZ, keep POSITIVE

Hi, i am currently going down the sponsorship route on the 457. I used the recruitment agency to get me interviews with employers. When i joined the agencies i specified that i will require a 457 visa so that they were aware. Had an oppurtunity to go out there on holiday and got some interviews. Got some offers and accepted one. the company i will be working for will sort all the visa stuff out and we pay only for medicals.Try and go direct to the companies ie DHL as they will have a certain amount visas that they can give out, they would probably prefer you to go direct as they won't have to pay the recruitment agency any money for finding a suitable candidate. Good luck!!

Theresa,

We are currently trying to get all the info required for the visa, i need some certified copies of my qualifications and also a certified copy of our marriage certificate. This could be something you could be doing before hand as it will speed the whole process up. Another thing is i need to get proof of employment from previous employers. This is just a letter to say that i worked for the company during time a - b. We have our x-rays booked as well on Oct 15th, no medicals required as we do not have any children (yet). Hope to move out to Sydney in Jan 08, but this postal strike isn't hepling matters much. Soooo much to sort out!!!! what furniture do we take, when to sell the house, when to hand my notice in at work. Hope you can get things sorted soon, were abouts in Oz are you thinking of settling?

Hi CMT, most of our paper work is sorted, just getting it all typed up and copied tomorrow, recieved a email today from the recruitment agency asking us to send info asap, keep your fingers crossed for us, as for when we GO, were not taken anything, apart from bare essentials and our Vickys favourite toys, and jaz our labrador, keep intouch, be lucky Theresa.

:nah:Hiya, has anyone managed to get a sponsership 457 visa, via recruitment agancey,

went to expo show last week York, company there said they would sponser us, would have to work for them for two years, they would sort out our visa's and after two years we could apply for P R,:wub: just wondering if anyone else has gone down this route, any info someone may have, would be very much appreciated.

in process of getting O H resume done up, been in the same job for 15yrs DHL, cant be that hard !!!!, then we gonna send of to the world and his wife, DOWNUNDER,

cheers guys, S T V & jaz (the dog).

this time next year we gonna be in OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.:smile:

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, why won't the company sponsor you for permanent residency now? Have you checked whether you are eligible for a visa under the Employer Nomination Scheme?

See: Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

If the employer is in a regional area you may be able to look at an employer sponsored visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/rsms/index.htm

Be aware that if the employment doesn't work out you are very vulnerable as the holder of a subclass 457 visa.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there thats what we are looking to do but finding anyone to sponser us is very hard. What kind of job have you been sponsered for and good luck. We are of to the Expo in Manchester at the end of Oct so we have our fingers crossed.

Hi Angela

Can you tell me where and when the Expo is in Manchester and are they worth going to.

Thanks Tania

Hi Everyone

Not sure how true this is. Spoke with a friend yesterday here in the UK, as they were hoping to get to Oz, on a 136. She had a call from her agent, who said that the Goverment have closed the doors to skilled labour at the moment, even sponsership.

Said that some people had slip't through the net, without qualifacations. This is only temp for the moment until they seem fit to decide what action to take.

She was very upset as OH had not long past his TRA.

As I said not sure how true this is, be worth finding out from agents.

Speak soon

Mandy B x

Guest stevieboy
.........Hiya, OH is looking for transport,logistics'distribution, warehouse work !!!!!:nah:

at the momment he works for DHL( warehouse manager) ,.....

Won't the OH fall under the Supply/Distribution Manager option on the SOL? Then you may be able to go down the skilled migrant route. I was looking at this option (a couple of years ago admitedly) and didn't quite fall into the criterea but it sounds like your OH may?

I've now gone down the 457 route having been approached by a recruitment agency. This was regarding a specific opportunity that my (soon-to-be) employer had already specified that they would be willing to sponsor the right person for the visa. Then, once I've got two years with them, I'll get them to sponsor me for Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856) as mentioned by Alan as I will then qualify, which I don't at the moment.

Hope that helps? Happy to discuss further if you want, just incase I can help.

Archived