Primary teachers in Canberra

Guest Bart10

Is there any uk trained primary teachers working in Canberra ? I am currently trying to get my qualifications assessed and I am getting conflicting advice from every place I ring . I want to register with both the public and catholic system and hopefully do relief teaching . My questions are 1) where did you get your quals assessed ? 2) do you know if there is much relief work in Canberra ( trying to consider childcare )

Hope some one out there can help and I am dying to get back to work !

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Bart10

A wonderful person who would be able to help is Quoll, she is currently in the UK on holiday but hopefully she will pick up your post when she next logs on.

Kate

Many moons ago now I had my qualifications assessed by ACTDET and I had to jump through hoops with detailed transcripts of the number of hours spent teaching each subject in training.

There is casual relief around but you have to be pretty stellar to get an offer of permanency these days. You might have weeks where you get nothing as schools have their favorite casuals and it takes a while to get known in the nicer schools. Schools take their CRTs off the central list