Painter having problems with trade assesment

aechick

Hi Everyone.

I am hoping to move to oz with my wife and two kids on a skilled visa as i am 41 and been runnning my own painting and decorating business for 20 years.

Hope someone can help me , I have been dealing with easy migrate in Perth, Trying to get my trade assest for the past year. First the trade assesment said i diidnt have the proper certificate, so went and got my nvq painting and decorating now the goverment in oz says it is not the correct thing, I dont know what else to do . Can anyone one suggest where to go next.

:arghh:

Hi Everyone.

I am hoping to move to oz with my wife and two kids on a skilled visa as i am 41 and been runnning my own painting and decorating business for 20 years.

Hope someone can help me , I have been dealing with easy migrate in Perth, Trying to get my trade assest for the past year. First the trade assesment said i diidnt have the proper certificate, so went and got my nvq painting and decorating now the goverment in oz says it is not the correct thing, I dont know what else to do . Can anyone one suggest where to go next.

Hi aechick,

Not sure what advice you were given but did you have any certs before starting this business and have you kept accurate records for your business and kept them since starting 20yrs since?

I am no expert but given the time spent in business as long as you have evidence to prove this i'm sure it just needs to be put in the right format to explain this to Vetassess or the relevant trade assessor.

Like i said i aint sure but i wrote a 18 page essay for my stage 1 assessment but had trade certs to prove my background.

Let me know how you get on and good luck mate, hopefully someone will give you some more advice to help you.

Gary & sue

Hi Everyone.

Hi aechick

I'm a painter 42 years old and self employed for as long as I can remember. I had to get my AFQ In painting and decorating to get a positive skills test. Only route to take now as all qualifications have to be australian based or have at least 4 years experience after date passed your nvq. If you need any more info just ask as been through it all.

Tommy

Guest scubabud

Hi aechick

My OH is a painter and decorator and like you has been self employed for the last 20 years, for his TRA we had to supply copies of his city and guilds as well as a letter from the company he serverd his time with stating his duties as an apprentice, we also had to supply 3 references from trade suppliers and 3 references from clients all of which had to be pretty recent, within the last few months, also copies of his last 5 years tax returns and a stat dec witnessed by a solicitor stating his duties as a self employed painter, we still have copies of everything we had to send and would be happy to PM anything that will help

good luck

Marg x

Hi Tommy

Where did you get your AQF. did you do it here or did you have to go to Aus to do it

Hi did it here in April this year. Was pretty expensive and time consuming and consisted of site visit from agent but all ended well and gives you qualification to register in oz apparently.tradesrecognition.com and Jonathan harris

Archived