there just has to be a quicker alternative!!!!!!!

Guest HennalsInOz

Guest HennalsInOz

Hi all,

This may be a long winded question but here goes!!

I am currently a supply teacher getting dribs and drabs of work, so I'm thinking of getting a part time teaching job. Then I will have to work for a year to start the visa process.

We have close family who have just moved to Brisbane and we miss them so much as they were not just family, we were best friends also. If I have to work a year and then apply, we are going to be sooooooooo distraught.

So, we were wondering about other ways to get there quicker. My hubby is a forman of a huge import/export shipping company which obviously is not a skilled job I suppose. We have researched a bit and find that there is a similar company in the Port of Brisbane. Is it worth getting in touch with them and finding out if they are willing to sponsor? Would it be better to go see them face to face on a reccie? Is this the kind of job that could sponsor someone or not?

My other questions regarding teaching are these, would a part time teaching position give me my 20 hours for recent work experience? Does anyone know of a part timer who successfully got a visa? I ask this because all agents seem to be a bit vague when I ask for a definite answer as to how many hours a supply day is classed as. I have been told to look on my wageslips, but they just say 1.0 for a full days supply and 0.5 for a half day.

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks Claire

Can't help with the teaching, but I certainly think it's worth seeing if someone will sponsor your OH - after all what have you lost if they say no. See if your friends can get their contact details and then give them a ring or email and attach CV

Ali

Archived