Aussie v England

Stuju

Hi All,

England play Australia in the 1/4 final of the cup tomorrow

just wondered how many of you will still be cheering for England ??

I shall be for sure as they had a bet on at work & all names & teams went into a hat - my name came out beside the England team (may be fate LOL) 36_8_24.gif

Gd Day Gizmo

My cousin has lived in Australia for about 35 years and he will be supporting England, he still watches the West Ham!!

Enjoy the game

Ohhhh can anyone tell me what time its on here in Oz and what channel?? We so wnated to go to the sports club to watch but think maybe its gonna be on at a naff time...

Ok my answer to my duaghter when she reminded me was...

When Aus play I cheer for the aussies

When England play I cheer for the English

When they both play each other I sit in a corner and keep quiet :)

I would love to go see it in a public place as i have heard the atmosphere here is fantastic when the aussies play the english..

Of course I want good ol Johnny to do us proud again but hey who knows...

Hi Jo,

It´s on at 7am sunday morning (aussie time) we are gonna watch it on Fox Sports 2

Enjoy the game

When they both play each other I sit in a corner and keep quiet :)

Hey Paul was born and bred in the east end and West Ham is his and Gabz team..Gabz was called to play in the under 12's girl sqaud for West Ham but unfortunately couldnt as we were migrating

OMG to stay in the corner and be quite is easier said than done!! Would be interesting to see who you would find yourself cheering for!

My lot (apart from Luke my eldest) are West Ham fans too, my Oh comes from Rainham, essex and I am Chingford girl.. So I follow the hammers as my Dad is from Upton Park and I was made too LOL :biglaugh:

Shame it's on so early your time though, as you say good to go to some sort of bar and watch it.. Oh well on the other hand not long before its on..

xx

Ohhhh can anyone tell me what time its on here in Oz and what channel??

Hi Jo,

Coverage starts on channel 10 at 10pm and then the game should start an hour later! I've just checked channel ten tv guide for Brisbane and it looks like the rugby is on at 10.45 pm for you hun!

We might just have to have a little nap in the evening so we're ready for this cos this is one we're definitely going to be watching.

Felicity:cute:

Hi Jo,

Coverage starts on channel 10 at 10pm and then the game should start an hour later! I've just checked channel ten tv guide for Brisbane and it looks like the rugby is on at 10.45 pm for you hun!

We might just have to have a little nap in the evening so we're ready for this cos this is one we're definitely going to be watching.

Felicity:cute:[/quote

whoops looks like felicty is right - soz was going on what hubby told me after a hot day & beer !!!!! 10pm that better than 7am which is the replay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest KP Nuts

woo_hoo_rainbow_wiggle.gifwoo_hoo_rainbow_starburst.gif

England WON

But to those who dont wont or cant read other posts i will still be cheering on the JOCK'S tommorrow

Mr KP Nut. 363p.gif

Guest Dave53

All we have to do now is beat "Le Frogs " as we did in the last Rugby World Cup semi and its the final here we come !!:).. Let it be said , "I support England and any other team playing Australia " .

To cap off a great weekend we had a win in the cricket , and a new motorbike World champion too .

Bring on the French.. good riddance to the convicts ..

All we have to do now is beat "Le Frogs " as we did in the last Rugby World Cup semi and its the final here we come !!:).. Let it be said , "I support England and any other team playing Australia " .

To cap off a great weekend we had a win in the cricket , and a new motorbike World champion too .

Bring on the French.. good riddance to the convicts ..

The Australians haven't had a decent rugby team inthe last eight years. You won and good on you but I thought the object of the game was to score tries. The Aussies did this even in defeat. The Super bikes isn't the premier class in bike racing. Who is the Moto GP World Champion? A guy named Stoner. I wonder where he comes from? I don't usually get annoyed when people don't support Australia but your anti Australian post disgust me especially as you live in Australia

Guest Scarletfever

One thing which has come to light during this section of the posts which are usually very friendly:err:, is the way in which people have kinda let the emotion of the last weekend take over. Okay, I'm Welsh and we really didn't expect to turn the world alight this time, but the reality of it guys, is that its only a game..

Sure, when it comes to being patriotic, everyone is bound to be, or at least should be, rooting for their home team, I know I do and always will do. The one great thing about rugby, and its something I've personally been involved with since the age of 7, is that its usual to get good natured banter between rival factions, areas, countries etc.

We in Wales are usually regarded as 'one eyed' so to speak so I suppose we're never wrong even when we are!:embarrassed: But in every game I've ever watched, be it played between club sides in the Heineken league or internationally, it usually ends up with fans of the opposing sides, shaking hands after the game and either commiserating or congratulating the other. This is one the truly great things about the game of Rugby. I've watched numerous football matches and its a different thing altogether...violence etc goes hand in hand with rival supporters.

Hey guys, its a game, a great game...theres more important things is life to get worked up about!! ...........................(like my bank balance for 1)

Guest KP Nuts

I've been trying for the past 2 hours to find the report in 1 of the Aussie papers that i read on sunday, it did'nt berate either team for playing badly, the only dodgy comment was that England were slightly lucky, SLIGHTLY, thats a bit of an understatement.

It finished with wishing England a better game in the one's to follow, hows that for sportsmanship.

What i'm trying to say is the Aussies are all round fair dinkum, an like Scarlet says,

IT'S ONLY A GAME.

Mr KP Nut.

363p.gif

Guest Dave53
The Australians haven't had a decent rugby team inthe last eight years. You won and good on you but I thought the object of the game was to score tries. The Aussies did this even in defeat. The Super bikes isn't the premier class in bike racing. Who is the Moto GP World Champion? A guy named Stoner. I wonder where he comes from? I don't usually get annoyed when people don't support Australia but your anti Australian post disgust me especially as you live in Australia

Ellie ,

Hey come on , lighten up a bit !!.I may live in Australia , but when it comes to the important things in life , like sport then I'm firmly a Brit !!.You should know by now that its horses for courses in this country . Lets be honest with each other , there is such a thing known as friendly banter you know , and Aussies are quite good when it comes to knocking others when they see fit , just watch a few overs of test match cricket and observe the sledging and you'll see what I mean . It just so happens that they lost this weekend . They will have their day , and then they will rejoice at Englands expense , so be it , will I call them anti English ? ,and will I be disgusted as you admit to, of course not . Finally if an Aussie sports fan lives in England , do they suddenly support English sport ? , I think not . As I said before , come on , just chillout a little , and enjoy the rare moment of victory , next weekend we could all be crying in out pints :yes:

Ellie ,

Hey come on , lighten up a bit !!.I may live in Australia , but when it comes to the important things in life , like sport then I'm firmly a Brit !!.You should know by now that its horses for courses in this country . Lets be honest with each other , there is such a thing known as friendly banter you know , and Aussies are quite good when it comes to knocking others when they see fit , just watch a few overs of test match cricket and observe the sledging and you'll see what I mean . It just so happens that they lost this weekend . They will have their day , and then they will rejoice at Englands expense , so be it , will I call them anti English ? ,and will I be disgusted as you admit to, of course not . Finally if an Aussie sports fan lives in England , do they suddenly support English sport ? , I think not . As I said before , come on , just chillout a little , and enjoy the rare moment of victory , next weekend we could all be crying in out pints :yes:

I don't have a problem with you supporting England. I think they deserved their victory. However, your comments appear more than just banter whoever Australia play and in whatever sport. Anyway,you assure me it's banter, so I'll accept that. :yes:

I don't have a problem with you supporting England. I think they deserved their victory. However, your comments appear more than just banter whoever Australia play and in whatever sport. Anyway,you assure me it's banter, so I'll accept that. :yes:

I'm sorry if I upset you . Certainly not my intent . In closing , yesterday a work colleague of mine addressed me with " seen any good rugby lately ? " . I said " No , just good enough rugby !! " , we had a good laugh ..:twitcy:

Archived