Approx water bill for family of 5

ginger

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Ginger

I am sure I saw this question somewhere else. If you are renting you won't pay water rates the landlord pays this, you will pay water usage, we are in FNQ and have a pool and our usage is $43.20 per quarter.

Hi Ginger We are a family of 4 renting a 4 bedroom housewith a pool. We got our first water usage bill last week, it was for 4 months and we were charged $22.78.

Liz x

$23!! Blimey tell me your secrets!! We are due our 1st bill in the next month or 2. It will be our first bill and I'm trying to set aside some $ to ease the hit on my bank balance but we keep dipping into it and going down the pub!! Lol :)

Guest The Pom Queen
$23!! Blimey tell me your secrets!! We are due our 1st bill in the next month or 2. It will be our first bill and I'm trying to set aside some $ to ease the hit on my bank balance but we keep dipping into it and going down the pub!! Lol :)

It's the water rates that cost you the big $'s not the usage itself. If you are renting you won't need to worry.

It's the water rates that cost you the big $'s not the usage itself. If you are renting you won't need to worry.

Thanks for that.

Apart from the stability and long term investment its another negative that comes with buying a house! We have a lovely rental,owners that have been yearning for good long term clients. I think they have had a bad run of bad tenants,by what neighbours and letting agent says.

Guest guest30038

Check the rental agreement. Landlords can now opt out of paying water and many are now doing so.

Many others also have a level to which they pay and anything over that, tenant pays.

We were expecting something shocking so it was a nice surprise. When I went to pay I asked was it right. The girl said it was quite low even for usage. We don't waste water, ie turn off the tap when brushing teeth but nothing out of the ordinary. Have no idea what it would cost if you were buying. Would like to know as we won't rent for ever.

Liz x

We were expecting something shocking so it was a nice surprise. When I went to pay I asked was it right. The girl said it was quite low even for usage. We don't waste water, ie turn off the tap when brushing teeth but nothing out of the ordinary. Have no idea what it would cost if you were buying. Would like to know as we won't rent for ever.

Liz x

The standing water rates are v high. I have seen my mums bill! I allowed around $90 per month for the water useage.

I'm sure a pio homeowner will be along soon to help. :)

Guest guest30038
The standing water rates are v high. I have seen my mums bill! I allowed around $90 per month for the water useage.

I'm sure a pio homeowner will be along soon to help. :)

I'm not much use as I'm not the norm. I have over 12000 litres in fish tanks and change 50% of their water weekly. I try to compensate for that by following the code, "If it's brown, flush it down. If it's yellow, let it mellow" :embarrassed: Even then I don't think appropriate flushing would amount to 6000litres, even after I'd been on the curry:biglaugh:

We're a family of 4 with one (autistic) boy who showers 3 times a day for half an hour at a time (therapy). We also do a lot of washing as he changes 3 times a day and insists on clean clothes at each change. That said, our water bill tops out at less than $300 a quarter.

I'm not much use as I'm not the norm. I have over 12000 litres in fish tanks and change 50% of their water weekly. I try to compensate for that by following the code, "If it's brown, flush it down. If it's yellow, let it mellow" :embarrassed: Even then I don't think appropriate flushing would amount to 6000litres, even after I'd been on the curry:biglaugh:

We're a family of 4 with one (autistic) boy who showers 3 times a day for half an hour at a time (therapy). We also do a lot of washing as he changes 3 times a day and insists on clean clothes at each change. That said, our water bill tops out at less than $300 a quarter.

3 times a day showering and clothing changes. Your water bill sounds fairly reasonable then. The cleanest boy in the world. :)

Guest guest30038
3 times a day showering and clothing changes. Your water bill sounds fairly reasonable then. The cleanest boy in the world. :)

Wouldn't change him for the world.:laugh: Comes home from work at 4 and showers and changes underwear and clothes. At 6.30 he's showering and getting into his PJ's throwing the undies that he put on at 4.30 into the laundry basket.............clean underwear and pj's each night also :rolleyes: Then a shower in the morning and more clean underwear :rolleyes:

OCD has it's drawbacks, but when he does the housework for me, I ain't complaining. :yes: :laugh:

Thank God he buys his own soap, toothpaste and deodorant! :laugh:

Archived