Relationship evidence

proverbialpaul

Hi guys

Can anyone shed some light on how much evidence I would need to show DIAC that you have been in a relationship for more than a year?

We've got some bits and bobs but dont know if it's enough.

Also, do they accept photocopies and printed copies from online? I.E Bills and statements etc?

Cheers everyone :biggrin:

Guest john76

Hello there, we have just neen through the same thing (even though we have a 2 year old son) we provided a stat dec detailing our relationship ie when we met when we moved in etc etc, also as we live with OH's mum at the minute we had her write a stat dec detailing we live at gher house and sleep in same room also we had two friends who have known our relationship from the start to write stat decs supporting our claims on top of this we had motor insurance paperwork with both our names and although we have seperate bank accounts we were able to show money being transferred between the two bank accounts, the insurance certificate and bank statements were copies, also good if you have invites to weddings etc in both your names and a few photos OH's brother-in-law is always taking pics and he was able to give us pics from each year we have been together (digital pics having time/date/year on them) hope this helps, all the best with your application :smile:

Guest cazperth
Hi guys

Can anyone shed some light on how much evidence I would need to show DIAC that you have been in a relationship for more than a year?

We've got some bits and bobs but dont know if it's enough.

Also, do they accept photocopies and printed copies from online? I.E Bills and statements etc?

Cheers everyone :biggrin:

hello proverbialpaul,

Oh I know how you feel gathering the evidence for the visa application, like John76, we had to give a detailed declaration of our entire relationship, where/when/how we met up until present... we had to get two Australian residents and two non Australian residents to provide a statement too stating we are a true couple...we had to provide two years worth of bank statements (joint account), lease agreements of where we lived over the two years, phone bills, gas bills etcetc, invites to parties, photographs with dates on them, there is just so much to provide, just send everything you possibly can and hope for the best....

hope this helps you and best of luck!!

cx

Archived