police checks

calNgary

Hiya guys ,

i was wondering if anyone knew approximately how long the police checks are taking to come through at the moment.Our medicals should be in Oz now but we havn't had the police checks back yet, never mind sent them to the agent for her to forward to Oz.I knew it was a bad idea to wait until they were requested but the other half was adamant (i guess thats what you get for listening to men !! ).I dont think i'll be a very happy bunny if i have to sit here waiting for weeks on end,my sanity is leaving quickly along with most of my friends who are bored stiff listening to me.Does anyone know if you can contact the Police station and maybe 'trace' them ?

Hope you all enjoyed the good weather because thats probably our summer over and done! and anyone with any doubts about moving to Oz should imagine waking up to even better than that,,, in winter !!

Cal x

Guest pjtjah

HI

I applied for my police check two weeks ago and got a letter sayin they had recieved my request and the time scale is 40 days!

Guest Est

We applied for our checks on 17 March 2006. Got a letter acknowledging receipt on 21 March 2006 which states on it :

"The law requires that you should be given details of any personal date held about you on computer within 40 days of receipt of request. If at the end of the 40 days - 26 April you have not received a reply from the National Idendification Service, please contact the Unit on the number quoted"

We had our checks back on 11 April 2006 - now menas that we have to validate before 11 April 2007.

Hope this helps

Guest Pasty

Hi Cal

We requested ours on the 17th March and were told 40 days to wait till chasing they arrivied on the 19th April so took 32 days to reach us, we actually received the acknowledgement of our request from them AFTER we received the police checks back!

My hubbie too was adamant that we waiting till the request came through but I browbeat him into applying for them early (only 2 weeks mind) and good job i did as they took so long! Never mind they got sent on the 20th April and now it's just a waiting game again!

Jackie (Mrs Pasty)

Guest scott&lisa

Hi, we got an acknowlegement letter about two weeks after we requested our police checks and then they took 40 days to arrive! I don't think there is much point in chasing your police checks unless it it is over the 40 day limit that is quoted. I'm sure everything will go to plan for you.

Scott & Lisa

I guess it depends where you live and how big the search is. I know if you've lived somewhere else in the last 10 years they have to check out that area too. In Lancashire ring HQ at Hutton 412144 and request clearance form for migration. We received the form 2 days later. You need to send two forms of i.d - a copy of your passport, driving licence, medical card or birth certificate - they won't accept anything else. They received our application on 2nd May and say we should expect a reply by 11th June (at latest)

Ali

Archived