Found a place we like, but....

AaronS

...have no idea how to go about securing it. It's about 1.6km from the beach at Dee Why...which is the area we are liking. Nice but not overly touristy (since we won't be tourists :biggrin: ). We aren't they yet obviously but will be in Oct. I'm going to call the agent but looking for some moral support. Will they take our inquiry serious before we get there?

Guest Guest31881

Hi,

Are you looking to buy or rent, if you are renting then Sorry but You will find agents for rental will not consider you until you can view the property personally, it is extremely unusual for agents to let properties to people they have not seen or who have not done the inspection.

Not sure how you stand if you are thinking of buying I am not sure how you could go about it.

Most places to rent around Sydney will usually have an open day, (usually Saturday) and there is usually about 10-30 people viewing the property. If thats the case and the place is not a total kip then you can expect that at least half will stick in an application.

I used to live in Dee Why myself, its not cheap and a lot of rentals can be a bit rough. I wouldnt take a punt on rental that I seen on the internet until I have seen it with my own eyes.

Sound advice there, don't secure anything until you have seen it. Most places I picked out on the internet because the photos looked ok.... when I got inside it was a different story (old, and a bit ropey TBH ). You would be surprised in Sydney and suburbs what some people are trying to rent out!!!

Archived