Primary School Teacher State Sponsorship SA

loveshellybeach

Guest Pixie10

Hi Im a primary teacher- I didn't wait long for State Sponsorship or visa and I know others didn't either, so go for it and shout if you need help. Also check out Poms in Adelaide forum (sister site for this one)

Goodluck x

Guest Gr1ffiths

Hi,

Sorry to gatecrash your post but I am a Primary Teacher looking into which visa to apply for. Is a 176 state sponsorship the only option for us or could we apply for 175?

Also, I have read that once the visa has been granted it needs to be validated within 12 months, is this true?

Like I say, sorry for gatecrashing just trying to get the whole process clear in my head too!

Hi Im a primary teacher- I didn't wait long for State Sponsorship or visa and I know others didn't either, so go for it and shout if you need help. Also check out Poms in Adelaide forum (sister site for this one)

Goodluck x

That's great, congratulations. Have you started looking for work yet?

Also, with regard to the teaching skills assessment, I had alook at the forms yesterday and they looked quite straightforward (particularly compared to my husband's ACS skills assessment which he is currently doing!). Did you find it quite an easy process to complete?

Hi,

Sorry to gatecrash your post but I am a Primary Teacher looking into which visa to apply for. Is a 176 state sponsorship the only option for us or could we apply for 175?

Also, I have read that once the visa has been granted it needs to be validated within 12 months, is this true?

Like I say, sorry for gatecrashing just trying to get the whole process clear in my head too!

SA are sponsoring Primary Teachers (and I think other states are sponsoring Pre-Primary), but I also think that Pre-Primary is on the main SOL list so if you had enoough points you could apply for 175 - I am new to this though so not sure!!

Also, with regard to the teaching skills assessment, I had alook at the forms yesterday and they looked quite straightforward (particularly compared to my husband's ACS skills assessment which he is currently doing!). Did you find it quite an easy process to complete?

Sooooo easy - just go through their checklist and make sure you have a certified copy of everything, and Bob's your uncle - just double check you have everything - the people I have heard of that have had issues, its because they didn't include a transcript for their degree, or didn't have exact proof of the practise days requirement. Other than that its just a bit of a loooooooong wait, but super easy imho. :) Good luck

Hi,

176 is perceived to be better because it is sooooo much quicker - the 175 is taking about 12-18 months to go through, the 176 about 2 months (if not quicker) at the moment (start to finish!). For Primary teachers at the moment Primary Teacher isn't on the SOL for the 175 list, only Secondary, Pre-primary, Special Needs teachers, so if you are assessed by AITSL as a Primary teacher you have to go on the 176 visa.

You get 12 months to validate from the date of your Medical check or Police check (PCC) depending on which was the earliest - so not 12 months from visa grant, but 12 months from the earliest date (which is why if you aren't going pretty soon after getting your visa you don't front load!). But you only have to fly to the country to validate (like a 2 hour holiday or something lol), you then have another 4 (or perhaps 5? I can't remember) years to actually move there after this.

Hope this helps, good luck :)

Sooooo easy - just go through their checklist and make sure you have a certified copy of everything, and Bob's your uncle - just double check you have everything - the people I have heard of that have had issues, its because they didn't include a transcript for their degree, or didn't have exact proof of the practise days requirement. Other than that its just a bit of a loooooooong wait, but super easy imho. :) Good luck

Thank you! And am I right in thinking that I don't need to fill in the work experience part unless I want to claim points for work experience (which I don't as, due to children, I have worked part-time for the last few years with the exception of the last year full time). Or do I need to do this anyway in order to demonstrate on the main visa application that I fulfil the 1 year work experience criteria?

Thank you! And am I right in thinking that I don't need to fill in the work experience part unless I want to claim points for work experience (which I don't as, due to children, I have worked part-time for the last few years with the exception of the last year full time). Or do I need to do this anyway in order to demonstrate on the main visa application that I fulfil the 1 year work experience criteria?

Is this for the Skills Assessment? You aren't claiming points at this bit, so I'm a little confuzzled :wacko:

If you are the sponsor for the visa (either 175 or 176) there is a basic requirement of 12 months work in the last 24 in the nominated field (or closely related - that would be any teaching, for eg I used primary teaching even though I am assessed as a secondary teacher), which you need to have done 20 or more hours a week (school holidays don't count, you get allowed them). For your skills assessment, I don't remember haven't to prove any work requirement - just my degrees, PGCE, teaching days whilst doing my PGCE, birth certs and passport, things like that.

For my SS I had to send them the work requirement proof (just a letter from my old employer stating I worked there full time between x and x date and my 5 main duties were teachery type stuff), and then for my 176 I've sent them looooots of proof (I don't need the points, but think I am claiming them - I ticked a box saying I had x amount of years experience (as I do), hoping I don't have to prove them all now as that will be a kurfuffle - if I do I might ask if he can untick that box lol, as I don't need the points to pass and its a hassle to prove. It all gets pretty confusing lol).

Thanks for all the info - the part of the form I am referring to is Section L - Skilled Employment Statement (optional). They state

"An AITSL skilled employment statement will be provided to applicants who request a statement, submit appropriate evidence and who receive a successful assessment outcome. The AITSL skilled employment statement will be attached to the assessment outcome cover letter. This statement is for lodging with the General Skilled Migration visa application. "

As I can't claim work points for my work experience as most of it is under the 20 hours per week, with the exception of the 12 months in the last 24 months required, I guess I don't need to do this bit? Sorry if this doesn't make sense, frazzled visa brain!

Guest Gr1ffiths
176 is perceived to be better because it is sooooo much quicker - the 175 is taking about 12-18 months to go through, the 176 about 2 months (if not quicker) at the moment (start to finish!). For Primary teachers at the moment Primary Teacher isn't on the SOL for the 175 list, only Secondary, Pre-primary, Special Needs teachers, so if you are assessed by AITSL as a Primary teacher you have to go on the 176 visa.

You get 12 months to validate from the date of your Medical check or Police check (PCC) depending on which was the earliest - so not 12 months from visa grant, but 12 months from the earliest date (which is why if you aren't going pretty soon after getting your visa you don't front load!). But you only have to fly to the country to validate (like a 2 hour holiday or something lol), you then have another 4 (or perhaps 5? I can't remember) years to actually move there after this.

Hope this helps, good luck :)

That's great thanks for your help and info :biggrin:

Thanks for all the info - the part of the form I am referring to is Section L - Skilled Employment Statement (optional). They state

"An AITSL skilled employment statement will be provided to applicants who request a statement, submit appropriate evidence and who receive a successful assessment outcome. The AITSL skilled employment statement will be attached to the assessment outcome cover letter. This statement is for lodging with the General Skilled Migration visa application. "

As I can't claim work points for my work experience as most of it is under the 20 hours per week, with the exception of the 12 months in the last 24 months required, I guess I don't need to do this bit? Sorry if this doesn't make sense, frazzled visa brain!

What is the form for?

Archived