457 Visa

Hallfamily

Hi Hallfamily,

Applying for a job in Australia is like applying for a job here, you give them the references you want to. They may ask you for the most recent employer but you are not obliged to do this if it puts you in a tricky situation. I recently got a job over there and did not give them my current employer as a reference.

If you are then successful and they offer sponsorship, they should help you with the 457 application and you do not need a reference from your UK employer for the application - after all it has nothing to do with them.

If you are then successful and they offer sponsorship, they should help you with the 457 application and you do not need a reference from your UK employer for the application - after all it has nothing to do with them.

So If you don't get a reference how do you prove you've been working in that proffession???

For a 457 employer sponsored visa you do not need to prove you have been working in your profession. A graduate with no experience can be sponsored for a 457 visa. After all if the nominating employer in Australia is willing to employ you, you must have the qualifications and experience that they are looking for. I am now on my second 457 and my partner is on his third, we have never needed a reference from our UK employer.

Maybe you're thinking of a different visa??

For a 457 employer sponsored visa you do not need to prove you have been working in your profession. A graduate with no experience can be sponsored for a 457 visa. After all if the nominating employer in Australia is willing to employ you, you must have the qualifications and experience that they are looking for. I am now on my second 457 and my partner is on his third, we have never needed a reference from our UK employer.

Maybe you're thinking of a different visa??

Thanks for that fourcorners.

Maybe I was thinking of ens121 as we looked at that too but my sponsor wants us over there asap!

Archived