175 visa refused

Guest Rafter

Guest Rafter

Hi all,

Currently on a 457 visa due to expire in July 2012.

I recently got a case officer assigned for my 175 visa. After initial excitement I realised that it was going to be refused as my skills assessment date is 6 weeks after the date I applied for the 175.

Will the rufused visa cause me any issues with a new application? I am thinking of applying for a new 457 visa first then a fresh 175 so that i dont have to cease working here after July but before the 175 is granted.

Can anyone see any problems with this? Or perhaps can think of an alternate way?

I am so devastated at the moment but it was my own error.

Martin

Guest littlesarah

Have you tried to contact your CO to explain that you now have the skills assessment required? I don't know whether they will be able to grant your visa, but if you don't ask you stand no chance at all!

I don't whether there would be any problems with your proposed plan (I don't see why not), but I'm really not an expert, and my 175 application was very straightforward and over 3 years ago, so I'm not in a position of great authority to comment, I'm afraid!

Good luck.

Sarah

Guest Rafter

Thanks for the reply. The thought is appreciated.

Sadly no joy with the case officer. Rules are rules was the general tone.

What I am most concerned about is will a previously refused visa affect a new application. The lost money and time are issues also but "no point crying over spilt milk". Even though I want to.:biglaugh:

I would appeal and say the only reason it was refused was because of the skills being 6 wks out of date. If you now have a renewed one I am sure they will re-consider. I would think it would only be a prob having a previous refusal if you lied about your paperwork or didn't meet the actual criteria i.e. not enough work exp or had a crim record. Have you considered going 176 state sponsored? Its pretty much the same but much safer x

Hi all,

Currently on a 457 visa due to expire in July 2012.

I recently got a case officer assigned for my 175 visa. After initial excitement I realised that it was going to be refused as my skills assessment date is 6 weeks after the date I applied for the 175.

Will the rufused visa cause me any issues with a new application? I am thinking of applying for a new 457 visa first then a fresh 175 so that i dont have to cease working here after July but before the 175 is granted.

Can anyone see any problems with this? Or perhaps can think of an alternate way?

I am so devastated at the moment but it was my own error.

Martin

Notwithstanding what has been posted, a refusal of a subclass 175 visa is not reviewable on the merits.

If you hold a substantive visa the refusal decision should not adversely affect a subsequent application.

Case officers do not as a rule list all the reasons for which a visa might have been refused, only the reason for which it was refused. Plenty of applicants have re-applied and have been refused a second time for different reasons.

It would probably pay you to run your case past a registered migration for advice about your best strategy.

Guest Rafter

Hi Mr. Russell. Thank you for your advice. Good to know that a refusal is not in itself an issue. Are you a migration agent? If so, would you do a telephone consultation? As long as we had agreed your remuneration beforehand would be happy to pay upfront.

Not familiar with this forum but feel free to PM me if possible.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Mr. Russell. Thank you for your advice. Good to know that a refusal is not in itself an issue. Are you a migration agent? If so, would you do a telephone consultation? As long as we had agreed your remuneration beforehand would be happy to pay upfront.

Not familiar with this forum but feel free to PM me if possible.

Regards,

Martin

I am a registered migration agent.

If you send an email to visa@pinoyau.com I will assess your case for no charge.

• 7 months later...

Hi Rafter just been reading your thread about your 175 refusal, this has now got me a bit worried as i also did my skills assessment after i applied. My application went in 30th june 2011 and i did my skills assessment on July 11th 2011. I then got my skills certificate on the 20th July 2011. I am currently waiting for a case officer and also have a migration agent on board. Has your 175 visa definetely been refused for this reason? Also do you think mine could also be refused because of this?

Many thanks. Chris

Archived