Anyone else feel like me?

kellyjamie

well finally we have the shippers coming tomorrow!! i dont know if anyone else feels like this but i kinda feel like its all a bit plastic, in a bubble just now, i keep expecting this huge wave of something to hit me but its yet to arrive? altho today whilst getting everything together for the shippers i began to get a little excited but honestly nothing specific, i dunno if its becoz were not going till january or if its becoz im expecting too much?? Im hoping i get the feeling when i get the flight and maybe it hits me:eek:

i mean i was happy when the visa came thru etc but i wasnt delirious, didnt cry or anything. Jamie reckons it becoz its been such a hard slog to get to this point, weve had so many set backs that eventually it takes its toll?? i mean last year when jamie was offered the job by WA i was going mad with excitement then he had it revoked and honestly ever since i kind of lost my mojo about it. I totally want to go thats not that and i think of everyday , i dunno maybe im expecting too much?:skeptical:

well finally we have the shippers coming tomorrow!! i dont know if anyone else feels like this but i kinda feel like its all a bit plastic, in a bubble just now, i keep expecting this huge wave of something to hit me but its yet to arrive? altho today whilst getting everything together for the shippers i began to get a little excited but honestly nothing specific, i dunno if its becoz were not going till january or if its becoz im expecting too much?? Im hoping i get the feeling when i get the flight and maybe it hits me:eek:

i mean i was happy when the visa came thru etc but i wasnt delirious, didnt cry or anything. Jamie reckons it becoz its been such a hard slog to get to this point, weve had so many set backs that eventually it takes its toll?? i mean last year when jamie was offered the job by WA i was going mad with excitement then he had it revoked and honestly ever since i kind of lost my mojo about it. I totally want to go thats not that and i think of everyday , i dunno maybe im expecting too much?:skeptical:

Hi Kelly

It's a funny ole business isn't it this emigration malarky!!! It's to be expected really isn't it - it's going to be one of the biggest if not the biggest decisions you will ever make. There's sadness at leaving friends and family behind and there's excitement at living in such a wonderful country. Your mind won't know whether it's coming or going! I know I feel like that sometimes too!

Take care and just know that it is normal to feel like you are feeling and you will start to feel a bit better about it. :hug:

Kelly

I could have written this post myself as it's exactly how I felt. I think it's like your o/h says because you have been through so much to get where you are its now almost like the move is now almost an anti-climax!

I felt the same after 5 years, 3 different visas and months apart. When it was all happening I just kept waiting for this " feeling " to hit but it didn't but it does take away what a roller coaster you have been on- to me its perfectly natural.

Good luck and enjoy the fact your almost there!

:hug:

You know it wont really hit you - even when you are here. I sobbed until my eyes were raw leaving my friends and family behind. That was very traumatic. However, when you get here it will just feel like you are a on a long holiday and you always kind of expect to go home but you dont. Its weird. BUT at the end of the day we all live in a house, eat the same meals, have the same routines so it wont feel THAT different from the UK. Its when you go exploring nature each weekend in the sunshine when you feel in awe. The birdsong each morning is also an amazing reminder of where you are:

Archived