New beds, UK or OZ??

Guest myboysjam

Guest myboysjam

Hi, both my sons beds need replaced but no point doing it now as we are hoping to be away in November. Thing is I have been looking at some furniture shops and the beds seem quite expensive, I have been looking at the single beds with the bed underneath to pull out for both of them, that way I have extra beds for visitors. Would I be better buying them before I went and shipping them over or waiting to buy them over there?? :wink:

Guest Goons98

Hi we also moving end of October, but we are taking all our beds and will just buy new mattresses in Oz, where are you moving to in Oz??

Guest myboysjam

We are heading to the north of Perth, not set on a state yet, my hubby is going next month before us though. Where are you going? x

Hi, both my sons beds need replaced but no point doing it now as we are hoping to be away in November. Thing is I have been looking at some furniture shops and the beds seem quite expensive, I have been looking at the single beds with the bed underneath to pull out for both of them, that way I have extra beds for visitors. Would I be better buying them before I went and shipping them over or waiting to buy them over there?? :wink:

You are not supposed to ship things like that brand new, unused and still packed etc. Import regs and all that.

Personally I'd consider buying now and using for a month or two, even if from Ikea (they do decent mattresses). Unless where you will be in Aus has an Ikea or other stores to shop in. The cost of shipping will probably be a bit less than buying there. If you are shipping other stuff also and can fit them in go for it. If not, buy once there. Just investigate the used/unused issue with regards new stuff. You're supposed to have owned it for a year at least or else they may pull you up on it on import.

Guest nadiamurray

Hi there, we are in a similar situation with the beds. We are planning on buying when we get there as we dont know when our stuff will arrive thats being shipped over and we will need them for our long term unfurnished let. There is an IKEA near to where we are planning to go in Perth NOR.

Nadia x

Guest Goons98
We are heading to the north of Perth, not set on a state yet, my hubby is going next month before us though. Where are you going? x

We are going to Darch, I thinks its North Perth too :biggrin:

I find you get better quality furniture for alot less in England. We too need new bedroom furntiure for our kids. I ordered a whole new set for both my kids from NEXT. Ive always found NEXT furniture fine. I know in Australia for the same price I wouldnt get anything near as good. I just need to pull it out the boxes now due to that 'own it for 12 mths or pay GST rule' :cute:

Archived