Probation, Courts, Corrections Work in Sydney

BrownEyedGal

Hi All

I'd like to ask if anyone has any info on how to get into the NSW Corrections service as a Probation Officer, Programme Facilitator or similar in the Sydney city area or at least an hour maximum from Chatswood area.

I have years of experience as a programme facilitator when working for London Probation and also have 2 years experience as a Probation Officer, working for the New Zealand Probation service.

I'd definitely like to get back into working in this field, so any links, ideas etc would be great. I'm already signed up to the usual online agencies such as Seek and NSW government sites, but ideally want something for when I arrive in a few weeks time.

I'd be happy to work via an agency on contract if that helps me to get back into this profession.

Regards

Thanks Belaroy

I've found some sites and registered with them but am looking for information from others that may work in this field as networking gets you everywhere!

Regards

I agree, its not what you know but who you know. what other sites are there ?? are they specifically for probation/ courts etc?? I am interested in this line of work as my skill set will transfer vwery nicely to the prison service

cheers

Archived