Experienced 360 Excavator Operator .

Guest RandyCockerel

Guest RandyCockerel

Hi all who read this,

I am an experienced 360 excavator operator looking for a better life and a better job than in UK and Europe.

There are not many machines that I have not driven that I have not got on my Licence.

In the UK you have to have a CPCS card (Construction Plant Certification Scheme) otherwise you cannot get a job on any site without it.

My card is still current as it has to be renewed every 5 years.

Can any firm or company help me to realise a better future by employing me ?

I do have a CV that I can email to you if you so require.

I now live in France but I cannot get a job here because my Licences are in English and not in French and they will cost me 1000.00€ per item on my licence including my HGV licence (thats not valid either, its English not French).

The big problem is that I am 56 years old.

P.S RandyCockerel is because I was a chicken farmer in France !

Hi Randycockerel

There are plenty of plant op jobs about its the trying to get 1 that offers sponsorship thats the difficult thing!

My OH is a plant op also & as these occupations are not on the SOL, the only option is employer sponsorship. A few folk are optimistic that these occupations will be added to SOL in the not too distant future (fingers crossed)

CPCS tickets are no good. You need Oz machine tickets, health & safetly card (blue/white card) & an HR licence for heavy/rigid vehicles.

I think though, & i dont want to sound mean, that your age may prove the biggest challenge. I'd just e-mail your CV direct to some companies & also look on some sites that advertise jobs with sponsorship. We've been looking on http://www.skilledmigrantjobs.com , we attended an expo that they ran & they were all very helpful.

I take it getting a job is your only possible visa option? Do you have any family over there??

Good luck with it all though, whatever you decide to do.

Im not sure if your age will be a problem, I know that there are some very good operators at daves work that are in their early 60's and they are the bosses no1 driver lol, dave seems to think hes no2 and they say them and another man are the A Team of the workplace LOL. we're all waiting on it to be put on the list so the best thing is just to send your cv to companies

best of luck x

at 56 OP you might qualify for a 457 visa but that is only temporary, there would be no option to go into PR at that age without a skill that requires a degree or higher qualification.

It would be demoralizing to come and try and carve out a life and then have to leave a few years later because of age and no further visa option.

I have drove diggers myself about 6 years ago when I was on a Working Holiday Visa and have NSW LE & LS tickets, at the time a lot of Maori and Irish were driving diggers. Most of the big construction firms sub-contract out the plant work to the smaller companies and these bosses like to weed out the CF's by giving them a trial for 6 months before giving them sponsorship

Since Kiwis are free to work in Oz and there is and there seems to be an endless supply of experienced single Irish lads under 31 coming out on WHV looking sponsorship there is likely more supply than demand, that is probably a reason why the occupation is not on the SOL.

Yeah all the working holiday visa people seemt to be getting the opportunities. Its a shame because theres so many excellent operators over here that are just over the age limit and desperate to go to oz.

Its a tough one alright but then that's the nature of the game, WHV and being free and single is definitely a big advantage when it comes to the old sponsoring game.

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, Moses Ezekiel said:

Im Moses Ezekiel I'm wetting to join u people. I from Nigeria. can pomsinoz give me employment. I'm just 28 years old. I have 8years experience .and I can work more thant 12our a day.and if the can give me a chans. I will do more thant that. tanks and I hope u will replay

I think you have the wrong idea Ths is a forum for people moving to Australia, not a Nigeria job site.