did it suprise you

Guest sh7t man no way

Guest sh7t man no way

ive just had some friends over from oz to visit me in the uk,and they where supprised at how reasonale the cost of things where when i took them to tescos --for the sake of arguement they based there figures on 2 dollars to the pound--i just wundered if any members returning to the uk from australia had any comments on this subject--this is not a oz V uk thing--i just think it may be relevant to people returning to the uk from australia

Guest The Pom Queen

I would love to go back to see how prices are now, you use to be able to buy baked beans for 7p and bread at 19p, bet it's no longer like that.

Guest sh7t man no way

I would love to go back to see how prices are now, you use to be able to buy baked beans for 7p and bread at 19p, bet it's no longer like that.
how could a girl so young as you (22) know that m2m--did your mum tell you:wink::wubclub:

7p beans, humm i bet they werent to good ! I recon you get what you pay for, meat wise id say its the same , as i use a butcher here and had one in the UK, id say veggies are more expensive on the whole here but then i bought loads of apargras the other day and it was so cheap ! I recon the worst would be seeing all the cheap booze deals for us as we do gulp at the prices sometimes here. We shopped in Sainburys, waitrose and M and S before, you get what you pay for sort of idea. Only thing ive not seen much of is fresh flowers, thier supermarkets here dont see to big on selling them, the ones i have seen look nicethough. I dont really compare any of it anymore, im here to stay, so shop around and see whats best like i had to living in the uk :)

a trip back would be intresting though from that point of view i recon

Prices have risen in the UK since we left but it is so much cheaper in the UK supermarkets than Australia. I am surprised at the good quality of the food compared to Oz. It was so nice shopping in Tescos and having so much choice compared to Coles or Woolies!!

I just did a 2 week reccie in Oz Melb & Bairnsdale Its seems that Coles and Woolies are more expensive for some items and there does not seem to be as much choice there than in UK i.e. Tesco's, M&S but ALDI's which is all over Oz was about the same for most things and fruit and veg from markets was much cheaper !!

Eating out was much more affordable everywhere we went in Oz.

Electronic / white Goods were about the same if not slightly cheaper on some models and you have K Mark, Target and Big W.

If your prepared to shop around a bit the prices are much the same. Last time I was there I furnished an entire unit from the council chuck out. Althouth I dont think OH will be having any of that this time :-)

Guest sh7t man no way
How much do 'essentials' like beer and fags cost now? (not that fags are essential for me any more luckily.)

I liked to spend hours looking at the beers in Tesco or Asda (before settling on one of those cheap slabs of French stubbies.)

im a carling lager man in the uk-tescos have a deal on at the moment-its 30/440ml cans for £15--fags are about £5 for 20

Guest Charlie Big Potatos

I moved back to London early this year and was pleasantly surprised at what I saw. The streets somehow looked cleaner than I remembered, the parks are clean and well maintained and every one friendly and chatty. It was all in stark contrast to what I was lead to believe.

We are approaching autumn here now and England this time of year is a sight to behold.

Guest sh7t man no way
I moved back to London early this year and was pleasantly surprised at what I saw. The streets somehow looked cleaner than I remembered, the parks are clean and well maintained and every one friendly and chatty. It was all in stark contrast to what I was lead to believe.

We are approaching autumn here now and England this time of year is a sight to behold.

autumn is my favorite time in the uk--the colours are amazeing--spring is a great time to with all the countryside coming alive-i love the 4 seasons in the uk--each one brings its own rewards

autumn is my favorite time in the uk--the colours are amazeing--spring is a great time to with all the countryside coming alive-i love the 4 seasons in the uk--each one brings its own rewards

You would love the four season in Melbourne then shi7man - your loving friend Olly x x:laugh: Oh, by the way, we have Dan Murphy's Warehouse in Melbourne and they have some amazing wine deals etc, can't get much cheaper booze than that (I should know I think I own the back of the building by now, LOL).

Guest sh7t man no way
You would love the four season in Melbourne then shi7man - your loving friend Olly x x:laugh: Oh, by the way, we have Dan Murphy's Warehouse in Melbourne and they have some amazing wine deals etc, can't get much cheaper booze than that (I should know I think I own the back of the building by now, LOL).

we use one in brizzy (dan murphys) theres some cracking deals to be had--the best thing to do is to look for specials,and bulk buy--take the ute,and fill it up--tesos are doing a special on carling beer at the moment,and ive bought heaps--next week it will be back to the normal price--i would love to see the 4 seasons in smellybum olly--bet its luverly--but not as luverly as you:wubclub:

Guest Charlie Big Potatos

Well the the colours are not changing just yet, could be a long summer (fingers crossed).

Guest sh7t man no way

Well the the colours are not changing just yet, could be a long summer (fingers crossed).
were in gloucester uk--and it wuz a bit nippy yesterday,but this morning its luverly--aye would be nice to have a long summer--mind you i think the weathers being fab since march-im a keen gardener,and everything is looking so lush

Archived